[DONE] Tweaks for +h channel list mode

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

[DONE] Tweaks for +h channel list mode

Post by Gottem »

In my opinion the +h list mode (channel halfops yo) is a little b0rked. So I made a module that implements some tweaks which you can enable at will in the config. =]

Just compile and load it, then add the tweaks you want to a top-level config block (disable one by simply removing/leaving out the directive):

Code: Select all

fixhop {
    allow_invite;
    disallow_widemasks;
};
Current tweaks:
  • allow_invite => Apparently when a chan is +i halfops can't invite people, this overrides that
  • disallow_widemasks => Hops can normally set a ban/exemption/invex like *!*@*, this disallows that
I'll add others when I think of them or someone requests a particular tweak. =]

Keep up with latest updates by checkin' 'em git
alhoceima

Re: [DONE] Tweaks for +h channel list mode

Post by alhoceima »

hey there Gottem i tried it out seems to work so far but it seems to miss some output to the halfop as to why he isnt allowed to use command/mode ( this might leave them confused )
other than that so far seems fine (just did some global testing)
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Re: [DONE] Tweaks for +h channel list mode

Post by Gottem »

Alright, how's this:

-leaf.mydomain.tld- [FH] Stripped 4 mask(s) (too wide)
It's a channel notice but only the offending halfop will see it, so they won't have to switch to the server console/tab which many people forget to do. The [FH] prefix (fixhop) is there since my other module m_bancheck_access also catches masks like *!*@*, depending on which module runs first. =] Simply add widemask_notif in the fixhop block, like so:

fixhop {
    disallow_widemasks;
    widemask_notif;
}
Grab the latest code from the git in the OP. ;]
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]