[DONE] Block messages with too many capital letters

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

[DONE] Block messages with too many capital letters

Post by Gottem »

This module allows you to block messages with a lot of capital letters by means of an anticaps { } configuration block. It works for both channel and user private messages. ;] It disregards colour codes and control characters as well spaces while counting caps. U:Lines and opers are once again exempt. Also limits notices.

Config block:

Code: Select all

anticaps {
	capslimit 10;
	minlength 10;
};
Above example would set a limit of 10% capital letters, with a minimum message length of 10. In other words, if the message is less than 10 characters it won't even bother checking. You can also set it to 0 to effectively disable it. They default to 50% and 30 chars respectively.

Get it from git.
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Re: [DONE] Block messages with too many capital letters

Post by Gottem »

--Update--

You can now also specify:

Code: Select all

anticaps {
   lowercase_it 1;
}
to lowercase the entire message if it exceeds the given caps limits. =] Grab the latest version from the git link in the OP.
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
floffy

Post by floffy »

Does have a Allready compile ? for my windows server
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

Uhh, no. I don't use Windows myself and I'm not even sure how modules work on that platform. =] Perhaps someone else can shed some light on it.
rcschaff

Post by rcschaff »

m_anticaps.zip
Here is the .dll copy of the file. It is compiled and tested with the same version of Visual Studio as the developers. I don't guarantee that it will work, but it's worth a shot...
floffy

Post by floffy »

Thanks for the Antocaps , i will look and test it