[DONE] Looking for m_securequery.c port for unreal4

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

HeXiLeD

Post by HeXiLeD »

* ==================================================================
* Module: m_securequery.c
* Author: Stealth <[email protected]>
* Version: 1.0.7
* License: GNU Afferro General Public Licnese
* Description: Adds UMode Z to restrict queries to SSL users.
* ==================================================================

Original code here.

I noticed that unreal 4 does not provide this functionality and it is very useful as well as needed for when the network has servers linked that still allow non-ssl (non secure) clients connecting.

Having secure/ssl and non secure clients using and sharing the same line of communication defeats the purpose of being secure in the first place just like having -z channel with +z and -z users mixed.

This module allows both types of clients to exist in the same network while keeping both type of clients separated if the user and or server/network wishes to do so.

Along with +z channel, this module prevents non ssl users to communicate with ssl users should the ssl users decide to load it.

Code: Select all

/mode nick +Z
Clients using both protocols should never be able to communicate between then. Doing so is a security fail.
If anyone could port it, it would be great.
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: [DONE] Looking for m_securequery.c port for unreal4

Post by Syzop »

Just a small note: this functionality will be in UnrealIRCd 4.0.12 by default (not yet released at time of writing).

For some reason nobody ever requested it on the bug/feature tracker. Which is a bit of a pitty, since if I had known about this feature back in 2012 I would have added it. I like it!
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

I guess we mostly figured that you'd adopt the module if you thought it worthwhile. :>

And alright, I've included a note in my repo's entry for the module about you shipping it with core from that version onwards. Makes it easier for people to track updates of that shit. =]
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
HeXiLeD

Post by HeXiLeD »

That is great that the module is now included, but there seems to be some confusion.
https://bugs.unrealircd.org/view.php?id=4953
Constructive criticism leads to evolution and progress. Negative criticism leads to obsolescence. We are not in the 90's IRC world anymore.
CertFP: d985d21f89fe2977b593c4d381a1a86802e62990d9328d893db76d59f9935244