[DONE] Prevent rejoining too fast after a kick

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

[DONE] Prevent rejoining too fast after a kick

Post by Gottem »

My new module m_kickrejoindelay adds a chanmode +j <delay> to prevent people from rejoining "too fast" after a kick. You can set a delay of between 1 and 20 seconds, as anything higher might be a bit much. You gotta have at least +o to set the mode. Opers and U:Lines are exempt, as well as servers (just in case).

Get it right here.
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
alhoceima

Re: [DONE] Prevent rejoining too fast after a kick

Post by alhoceima »

tested it workz fine so far nice job once again there Gottem
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

Cool, thanks for the feedback fam. =]
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
alhoceima

Post by alhoceima »

tested with updated latest release didnt seem to work no more as well
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

It seems to have been caused by HOOKTYPE_LOCAL_KICK not firing anymore after a /kick from a remote chanop. It used to work before I even added REMOTE_KICK so I left it like that, but now I've adjusted it anyways. =]

I also changed the ModInfo struct to attach to a client instead of a channel. This results in a shorter lifetime and thus, lower memory pressure. Because otherwise it would keep track of kicked users for a channel until the channel is destroyed (which almost never happens). If you ever get a bot flood you might end up having a load of entries that aren't really necessary and just eat up memory. But now, once they quit the memory is released. ;]

Grab the latest version from the git link in the OP, as per usual.