[DONE] stoprepeat +Z and lenlim module for unreal4.x

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

Gogoli

Re: stoprepeat +Z and lenlim module for unreal4.x

Post by Gogoli »

alhoceima wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:48 pm it may be usefull to let them know in case some one greetz joined users twice or more with hello or hi to let them know no one saw their message else it may cause confusion in some cases
A good idea (maybe) would be to let know that their repeated message has been blocked if the sentence is under (say 50 characters) but not to users that use longer than 50 characters sentence. I dont know if this is would be easy to achive...

thx for the update as well rcschaff
rcschaff

Post by rcschaff »

It shouldn't be that hard to implement, but why differentiate. Just either notify them or don't is my take on it.
rcschaff

Post by rcschaff »

If that's what you really want, You can edit it via Nano...

Find..

Code: Select all

if (NOTIFY_USER == 1) {
        sendnotice(sptr, "*** You have attempted to Repeat your text on %s.  The message was not delivered",chptr->chname);
}
Change To:

Code: Select all

if (NOTIFY_USER == 1 && strlen(text) < 51) {
        sendnotice(sptr, "*** You have attempted to Repeat your text on %s.  The message was not delivered",chptr->chname);
}
Gogoli

Post by Gogoli »

rcschaff wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:00 ambut why differentiate.
My reasoning is that if users on main repeat words like "hello rcschaff, how are you doing?" more than x times they usually aren't flooding but still they are ruining the main (more or less) for others, so they can get the notification that their message hasn't gone through.

If users repeat a long sentence (more likely clones) then make their "work" a little harder by blocking the repeated sentences and also not notifying them of the block.

thx for taking the time to help rcschaff.