[DONE] Umode to block all invites

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

[DONE] Umode to block all invites

Post by Gottem »

Sometimes people get pissed off for no real reason and try to annoy you by sending mass invites. This module adds a umode +N to block them all. =] Just download the module, compile and load it and set the umode. ;] The only ones that can still invite you are opers.
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
Martinaxo

Re: [DONE] Umode to block all invites

Post by Martinaxo »

This is very well the module but I would like to make a couple of comments regarding its function ...
The problem happens that to make the module work you have to put all the users in +N and that is a bit tedious since they do not always attack that way and I do not see the need to ban forever the invitations.

Now I come up with an idea ...
It would be good and more reasonable to create a room mode for that mode to prohibit invitations and to activate or deactivate as required.

The other and highly recommended would be to leave the invites only for users lever +o or up

Likewise thank you for the time and the idea.
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

I'm not sure I get what you mean, but there already is a channel mode to block invites (/mode #chan +V). This blocks people from inviting you into a channel with that mode set. But spammers can easily create a channel #rhsdjkfhgjksd without the mode and still invite you. The same is true for leaving invite up to people with +o and up. If you join a non-existing channel, you will get +o and can therefore invite people.

That's why I went with a usermode. =] You can force it with set::modes-on-connect and they can remove it themselves when necessary.
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
Martinaxo

Post by Martinaxo »

Hello
thanks for answering
Regarding your answer in my network I have disabled the auto op to enter any channel not registered so I was interested in limiting the invitation to +o or higher only but with the room mode you gave me a lot ...

Now it is not that I want to abuse your trust but I would appreciate if you can help me with a topic that I need for my network I make reference to the subject that I wrote ...

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8710&sid=f97d9a80d ... 2c0c63e7b1

Thank you very much for your time and dedication.