Question for you Gotem

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

rcschaff

Question for you Gotem

Post by rcschaff »

Do you know if there is a way to change the message unreal sends when a user attempts to join a +Z room. WOuld like to notice them instructions on how to get SSL for their client.
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Re: Question for you Gotem

Post by Gottem »

The string about being unable to join because the channel is +z, is hardcoded into the core source. So no, you can't change that, but it might be possible to write a hook that simply sends an additional notice.

Of course, information like that is supposed to go in the MOTD. ;]
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
rcschaff

Post by rcschaff »

It is, but who reads the damn MOTD. I found that most clients ignore the servers message anyways and display their own. Kinda a PITA if you ask me. Perhaps I will hook the join and send a PM if they aren't SSL
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

Yeah I suppose that's true, I have my ZNC set to simply discard MOTDs too. :> Sending a PM (or notice) would work, just use me.name for the source (resolves to the server's name) if one is required. =]

Any of these could do it:

Code: Select all

// Notice that most likely ends up in server consoles (unless clients show notices in the active tab)
sendnotice(sptr, "To use SSL: .....");

// Send a PRIVMSG from (e.g.) someleaf.myirc.net, always opens a new tab
sendto_one(sptr, ":%s PRIVMSG %s :To use SSL: .....", me.name, sptr->name);
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]