[REQ] userauth and staticcloak

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

LooPstr

[REQ] userauth and staticcloak

Post by LooPstr »

Hi, im new to this forum and have finaly made the registration because of Unrealircd4x.

I have been using Unrealircd for some years now, we are a group of friends who use it as our meeting place and have various bots running.
Now I feel its time to do the upgrade to version 4.x but a couple of my modules are not working and I have no clue on how to fix them.

I thinks its angrywolf who made them a lllloonnnggg time ago but i cant find them anywhere more so I have made a pastebin of them.

The first is a authentication module called userauth.c
When this module is loaded you can limit access to the ircd server with a file, either a remote file on a http link or a local file with username and md5 hashed passwords for every single user allowed to enter the icrd. Pastebin here -> https://pastebin.com/3mQiPqtc
It will require some ekstra content in unrealircd.conf file. Pastebin here -> https://pastebin.com/zpaeR4Z5

The second is a cloak module that enables you to set a static cloak for everyone on the ircd server so that all the host is hidden and not only some of it, its called staticcloak.c. Pastebin here -> https://pastebin.com/0rM6dhwE
It will require some ekstra content in unrealircd.conf file, like examble below.
set {
static-cloak "cloak name here";
};

Will it be possible to change those modules so that they will work with Unrealircd4.x ?
I have been searching the forum and could not find anything that works the way they do.

Thanks in advance
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Re: [REQ] userauth and staticcloak

Post by Gottem »

The userauth mod sounds good, but I would use at least SHA2-256 in the present day for passwords etc. Cuz you know, MD5 is officially broken. ;] I will port the module when I have some time.

As for staticcloak, perhaps you can use set::cloak-method instead. I don't really see the point of everyone having the same cloaked host, so I won't port the module myself. =]

P.S. Angrywolf took down his website hosting modules, so that's probably why you can't find it.
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
LooPstr

Post by LooPstr »

Thanks alot Gottem

I agree about the MD5, my first goal was to hear if anyone would port the module :)

The same cloaked host is to me just a extra layer of security, that way the complete host is hidden.
But im just happy that you will look into the userauth module :D
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

Try using set { cloak-method ip; }; in your unrealircd.conf, that does exactly what you want without everyone having the same host. ;]
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
LooPstr

Post by LooPstr »

I will try that, thanks :)
LooPstr

Post by LooPstr »

Hi Gottem

Your right about using set { cloak-method ip; }; to hide the hostname, thats working but without the posibility to set your own hostname. But as long as the complete hostname is hidden im happy :D

Im waiting on the userauth module so I can get on UnrealIrcd 4.x, its installed and up running.
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

LooPstr wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:14 pm Your right about using set { cloak-method ip; }; to hide the hostname, thats working but without the posibility to set your own hostname. But as long as the complete hostname is hidden im happy :D
Cool. =]
LooPstr wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:14 pm Im waiting on the userauth module so I can get on UnrealIrcd 4.x, its installed and up running.
Yeah I know, but it's a rather complex/large module so it has low priority for me. :>
Amiga00

Post by Amiga00 »

There is a module which will give you a similar thing to "Static Cloak", and Gottem has already written it: m_autovhost

Example config:

loadmodule "third/m_autovhost";

autovhost {
* cloaked.user; << masks everyone with that vhost (* = everyone)
};

You can also use $nick to replace part of vhost with nickname

eg. Fred -> $nick.cloaked.user -> Fred.cloaked.user
Amiga600 @ irc.unrealircd.org #unreal-support