[REQUEST] SWHOIS MODULE

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

Syrax

[REQUEST] SWHOIS MODULE

Post by Syrax »

I searched on this forum and in google, and i have found nothing about it

Is there a module or a way to build one to change SWHOIS or add SWHOIS to an user like, using /chgswhois user line ?

I found a service module, but didnt work...

Thanks
Cheiron31

Re: [REQUEST] SWHOIS MODULE

Post by Cheiron31 »

@Syrax .. you can do it manually on unreal via the operblock and addign a swhois. you can use it for non opers too.. but it can only be added on the conf currently https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/FAQ#How ... n_.2FWHOIS unless a module gets made. But it can be done already
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

What's the point of having a module for it anyways? Once the user quits IRC, all SWHOIS lines you set for them will be gone. By using the oper and/or vhost block's swhois option, it gets set automatically whenever they reconnect. ;]
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
Syrax

Post by Syrax »

right, but if i want to set it on services or unreal? i know this forum is not for services, but, if i want to set a SWHOIS line for a regular registered user? or, if there is a way to create a SWHOIS block so users could use it like /vhost?

i know it wont be created, its just a request

Thanks
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

I have no idea what your purpose is for the additional SWHOIS line(s). Maybe using it in a vhost block will work for you, but you'd have to set an actual vhost for them I think (besides the swhois directive obviously). If that's no good, trying to get Anope's module to work might be worth another shot.
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]