[DONE] Public network/server information such as SSL/TLS links

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

[DONE] Public network/server information such as SSL/TLS links

Post by Gottem »

Another request/proposal by PeGaSuS, this module displays information for every server that is allowed to be publicly available. Right now it'll simply show if a server is linked over localhost and if it's using SSL/TLS to communicate with the other end. Simply execute /pubnetinfo and check the server notices sent to you. ;]

Example output:

Code: Select all

-someleaf.myirc.net- [pubnetinfo] Link hub.myirc.net: localhost connection = no -- SSL = yes
-hub.myirc.net- [pubnetinfo] Link otherleaf.myirc.net: localhost connection = no -- SSL = yes
-hub.myirc.net- [pubnetinfo] Link services.myirc.net: localhost connection = yes -- SSL = no
So in this case I ran the command on someleaf, which only has information about the hub it's linked to. For the other servers this leaf asks its hub for the information instead (otherwise we can't tell if it's using SSL or nah). The hub has info on 2 additional servers; another leaf and the services node.

You can get similar information by using /stats C, but: 1) it only outputs stuff for directly attached servers 2) it requires you to remove C from set::oper-only-stats for making it publicly usable 3) it displays the server connection port too ;]

Grab it here
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]