Two things.

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Sigma

Two things.

Post by Sigma »

Hello.

The first of two things I was wondering if I could get assistance with is a module, or some sort of way that allows the extra alphanumerics not already assigned as modes to be used for vanity modes. I am aware that such modes as the former +T (Tech Admin) are useless and unnecessary, but we have several network positions that we would like users to be aware of (Even if such a position has no impact on what sort of commands, modes, etc. that the individual has access to).

The second of two things is less trivial. I was wondering if there was or if a module could be made for an IPWHOWAS command. It would work similarly to the WHOWAS command, except one would input a non-cloaked IP address and use it to check to view user nicks that have connected from that address.

Oh, and the less specific one was with the IP, the more results, of course. To be used at the risk of the operator.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Commenting on whowas (even though it might not be directly helpful to you): /whowas options are on TODO[1], making it possible to search by nick, ident, host, realname, server, [more]. Storing IP seperately I haven't thought of yet, but who knows it can be implemented after that.
Currently it's unknown when this will be done, even though it's pretty high on my TODO there are still other more important things (fixing bugs) :P.

[1] oper only of course (ok, except a nick without wildcards I guess, but that's just like a normal whowas ;p)
Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Although not directly helpful, the fact that it is a potential project is satisfying enough. I am in no hurry. Thanks.
Dukat

Re: Two things.

Post by Dukat »

Sigma wrote:The first of two things I was wondering if I could get assistance with is a module, or some sort of way that allows the extra alphanumerics not already assigned as modes to be used for vanity modes. I am aware that such modes as the former +T (Tech Admin) are useless and unnecessary, but we have several network positions that we would like users to be aware of (Even if such a position has no impact on what sort of commands, modes, etc. that the individual has access to).
That's exacly what swhois was designed for... better use this system instead of coding a quite complex module.