free webtv modules?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
ispamforfood

free webtv modules?

Post by ispamforfood »

I thought that Unreal was already webtv compatible, but it seems that you need to pay for an extra module for you to get complete functionality? Are there any basic, free modules for webtv? or do i not even need the module if i just want basic chat functionality?
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

You don't need the module for basic chatting. Just have WebTV users set umode +V so they get notices as private messages.
w00t

Post by w00t »

I believe all the module does is automagically detect webtv users.
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]
static-x

Post by static-x »

Module Shows notices and knocks and mode changes and nick name changes. basicly what pc users see webtv cant.
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

theres 2 modules at the moment but u need to pay for them both,

one will detect webtvs on connect and for +V onto there user modes allowing them to recieves notices as privmsgs

the second one allows them to preform and see things they couldnt normally do, this includes:

nickname changes
mode changes
calling banlist, exceptionlist, invex list,
channel knocks, op notices, channel notices, private notices etc.

however the notices are seen as privmsgs, i doubt someone will make these in a module for free, since someone networks have payed to use them and i myself have payed money for these modules to be made.

but even after all these modules, there still some things they cant see, while im waiting for syzop to get back to me on the" raws " *poke*

im in UK we dont have webtvs here so its verd hard for me to know whats missing and whats not, im just going on what im told by other webtv users
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

I am kinda suprised WebTV still exists...
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Yeah...
It has been renamed to "MSN TV" though, but more important: it has a successor called "MSN TV 2".
That one has a better browser and better java support, and I know a network offers CGI:IRC to MSN TV 2 users - which then actually works, in contrast to the broken browser/irc/java support of MSN TV 1.
That's also why I don't think it's worth screwing up the unreal source with any additional webtv (msntv1) enhancements. Besides that it just looks ugly (if you are a programmer, look around, and you'll see the webtv stuff scattered everywhere).

As mentioned here before, basic chatting by webtv (msntv1) users is no problem. Well... White_Magic said it all :).
Jason

Post by Jason »

Might it not be good to try to rip out webtv and put it into a module for anyone interested? Or would that be impractical?
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

something ive learned about webtvs, some ave raw support,
(they try to join a banned channel it popups up saying they are banned)

but as u`ll have noticed as well, calling the ban/except/invex list isnt supoorted and was added, but this is raw support.

would there be a list of " basic " raws or numerics they would *HAVE* to support?

hmmmm
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D