general question on antirandom module

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
droolin

general question on antirandom module

Post by droolin »

Does this module look for random idents or random nicks? I loaded the module to 2 of our higher volume servers last night with gline in the config at a level of 5. I was expecting to see some glines this mornin, and didnt. Then I checked the network, and seen one of the random bots hanging out on a server that had this module. So, as my favorit bot kill message is becomeing. Wack.
I ask this so that I can warn our general users who have a tendacy to have off the wall nicks and idents, and I would like to be able to tell them what exactly to be carefull of using. That, and I like to know what Im talking about(never happens, but shh).

thanks

droolin
Hornyness is a perpetual thang. The hornier you are, the hornier your going to be.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

It checks all 3: nick, username, and realname.

If you think the bot should have been killed, paste me the nick/user(/realname).
droolin

let me watch it a bit more syzop

Post by droolin »

I have the configs set to gline, and the level set to 5. I might move that down to 4. I also have not seen alot of suppicious connects yet, when the volume picks up a bit more. I'll feel abit better about providing further information.

droolin
Hornyness is a perpetual thang. The hornier you are, the hornier your going to be.
droolin

never mind syzop

Post by droolin »

I've been watching the connects. And the few bots that I have seen that I thought should have been picked up, were even questionable in my mind. The module is on all servers now. Like anything else I install, I want to watch for a week to make sure the settings are right.
Thank you very much for this module, this is going to be a great help for us. We wernt getting hammered. But, it was a daily nusiance.

droolin