BOPM Helper 0.0.2 with Unreal3.2-RC2fix

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
SourceX

BOPM Helper 0.0.2 with Unreal3.2-RC2fix

Post by SourceX »

it appears that the BOPM Helper v0.0.2 module from http://www.vulnscan.org/UnrealIrcd/modules.html does not work with Unreal3.2-RC2fix. should it, or is this becuase its outdated given the current rc of unreal3.2?

if this is just a version compatibility issue, would it be possible to update it? (Syzop or even Angrywolf)

Edit: with the current local and far connection server notices, if bopm was installed on and configured to connect to a non-client server, such as the hub, where all connection notices would be from far, with snomask +s+cF set, youd only need to set the conn regex in bopm.conf to read that type of connection notice. is this correct?
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

I can't find any problems with the BOPM Helper module. Your BOPM configuration might be wrong, thought.

1. the correct snomask setting is: mode "+s +c", and not +s+cF, once because of the space, and once because +F is not necessary, except if you are an expert and know how to catch remote connect notices. What you can do with a complex regexp and the +F snomask is what the BOPM Helper module makes much easier. And the module doesn't require any snomasks to be set on the BOPM client.

2. Are you sure you have the right BOPM configuration? No other mistakes?

By the way, if a module doesn't work the way it should and you are sure it's a result of a bug, then please report it to the author and don't ask others to fix it.
SourceX

Post by SourceX »

AngryWolf wrote:I can't find any problems with the BOPM Helper module. Your BOPM configuration might be wrong, thought.

1. the correct snomask setting is: mode "+s +c", and not +s+cF, once because of the space, and once because +F is not necessary, except if you are an expert and know how to catch remote connect notices. What you can do with a complex regexp and the +F snomask is what the BOPM Helper module makes much easier. And the module doesn't require any snomasks to be set on the BOPM client.

2. Are you sure you have the right BOPM configuration? No other mistakes?

By the way, if a module doesn't work the way it should and you are sure it's a result of a bug, then please report it to the author and don't ask others to fix it.
I'll go over the configuration again, although that was not the problem, BOPM scans fine, the BOPM helper module did not seem to be forwarding any notices to the BOPM program. When you have 10+ client servers, a single conn regex is much simpler then installing a module on each server.

I was sure it wasnt an error on my part, and seeing as how Syzop coded the module, and this is Unreal support forums, I posted here asking/reporting to the author, for help.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

I just want to confirm what AngryWolf said... If there's a bug in my module then please mail me...

Just like unreal bugs (not module bugs) should be reported on http://bugs.unrealircd.org and not here.
We don't have time to read all messages on this forum or IRC.. Another good example of this is people complaining about bugs on IRC but never reporting it on bugs.*, such issues are then never fixed.