3.2.4 + cgiirc host module

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
AEBrad

3.2.4 + cgiirc host module

Post by AEBrad »

Hi! I have just upgraded my server to 3.2.4, and i am just reinstalling modules, but for some rason i cant seem to compile the cgiirc host module, i get this:

%make custommodule MODULEFILE=cgiirc
cd src; make 'CFLAGS=-I../include -I/usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/include -I/usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2/extras/c-ares/include -pipe -g -O2 -funsigned-char -fno-strict-aliasing -export-dynamic ' 'CC=gcc' 'IRCDLIBS=-lcrypt -L/usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/lib -ltre -L../extras/c-ares/lib -lcares' 'LDFLAGS=' 'IRCDMODE=711' 'RES=' 'BINDIR=/usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2/src/ircd' 'INSTALL=/usr/bin/install' 'INCLUDEDIR=../include' 'IRCDDIR=/usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2' 'RM=/bin/rm' 'CP=/bin/cp' 'TOUCH=/usr/bin/touch' 'SHELL=/bin/sh' 'STRTOUL=' 'CRYPTOLIB=-lssl -lcrypto' 'CRYPTOINCLUDES=' 'URL=' MODULEFILE=cgiirc 'EXLIBS=' custommodule
cd modules; make 'CFLAGS=-I../include -I/usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/include -I/usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2/extras/c-ares/include -pipe -g -O2 -funsigned-char -fno-strict-aliasing -export-dynamic ' 'CC=gcc' 'IRCDLIBS=-lcrypt -L/usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/lib -ltre -L../extras/c-ares/lib -lcares' 'LDFLAGS=' 'IRCDMODE=711' 'BINDIR=/usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2/src/ircd' 'INSTALL=/usr/bin/install' 'INCLUDEDIR=../include' 'IRCDDIR=/usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2' 'MANDIR=' 'RM=/bin/rm' 'CP=/bin/cp' 'TOUCH=/usr/bin/touch' 'RES=' 'SHELL=/bin/sh' 'STRTOUL=' 'CRYPTOLIB=-lssl -lcrypto' 'CRYPTOINCLUDES=' 'URL=' MODULEFILE=cgiirc 'EXLIBS=' custommodule
gcc -I../include -I/usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/include -I/usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2/extras/c-ares/include -pipe -g -O2 -funsigned-char -fno-strict-aliasing -export-dynamic -fPIC -DPIC -shared -DDYNAMIC_LINKING -o cgiirc.so cgiirc.c
cgiirc.c:46: error: 'find_tkline_match' redeclared as different kind of symbol
../include/h.h:731: error: previous declaration of 'find_tkline_match' was here
cgiirc.c:46: error: 'find_tkline_match' redeclared as different kind of symbol
../include/h.h:731: error: previous declaration of 'find_tkline_match' was here
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2/src/modules.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/ircd/Unreal3.2.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
nate

Post by nate »

Any Modules you had that were used in the Unreal 3.2.3 are most likely not going to work in the upgrade, I've already noticed none of the 3rd party Modules I had will work as they state they are compiled for 3.2.3 not 3.2.4 (On windows, using the DLLs myself), gonna have to probably wait until someone will recompile the modules to work on the new build.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

*nod* you would have to contact the author of cgiirc.. Though if it's AngryWolf, then I kinda doubt he still maintains it, but maybe others will jump into this topic and help out ;).

Thanks NBishop btw, even though you might not mean specificly my modules, I simply forgot to update (recompile) them for 3.2.4. I've done so now and put a new module pack online.
[UnDeRTaKeR]

Post by [UnDeRTaKeR] »

Hi there, this is a good oportunity for me to piggyback on this module,
if anyone finds it before I do, please post it here, of course for 3.2.4

Thanks
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

NBishop wrote:Any Modules you had that were used in the Unreal 3.2.3 are most likely not going to work in the upgrade, I've already noticed none of the 3rd party Modules I had will work as they state they are compiled for 3.2.3 not 3.2.4 (On windows, using the DLLs myself), gonna have to probably wait until someone will recompile the modules to work on the new build.
www.x-tab.org/modules/
nate

Post by nate »

No problem, I was thinking about recompiling a bit myself, but I'm still new to it a bit, plus havn't had much chance to play with my compiler on windows, haha.

Will download that though, I think I got most of the modules in your pack minus a few others like /nochan and /getinfo I think.

EDIT:

Stealth: You going to be re-compiling Nochan and Getinfo modules too?

I think offhand those are the only two I use that are not found within the module pack o.O

EDIT EDIT:

Wait no, I have Regexkill, Nocolourmode, Killprotect and Levellimit too -_o;
Jason

Post by Jason »

RegexKill. I'm not entirely sure what this is, but you may want to look into the spamfilter feature.
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

For modules, go to the site, send me an email, and I will see what I can do. Because I am busy, I need to be emailed so when I go have time to start doing modules, I prioritize the ones that have been requested and get those sent ASAP. I can also say you won't get them before I update the site if you don't email a request, because I am not going to dig through the forums looking for requests.
nate

Post by nate »

Will do stealth.

Jason, Regexkill is a module that lets you do Regex based /kill's, or as the general info of it states:
Regexkill adds a new command (/rkill) that matches the nick!ident@host:realname of every user on the network against the regular expression you specify, and kills any matches, similar to the spamfilter 'u' type. Very useful for getting rid of botnets.
It has some potential uses really, minus its command based rather than hardcoded.
Hal9000

Post by Hal9000 »

so anyone got the cgi:irc module working on unreal 3.2.4?
would be nice if anyone could share its success :P i am unable to upgrade to 3.2.4 until this issue can be fixed...
greets
hal
AEBrad

Post by AEBrad »

Well i found a temporary fix... just remove the offending line from the module and compile! worked!! dobut itll do tkline matches tho.... but i am yet to tkline anyone from the server yet so :) if anyone figures out the replacement line of code! please post it here :D

Thanks
el_Misry

Post by el_Misry »

when u aplied this modifications the module works?? if this is the case could u please explain a bit more what u changed in the file cgiirc.c?
AEBrad

Post by AEBrad »

i just commented out Line 46 in cgiirc.c, then compiled and loaded the module! it works, but the only downside i would imagine is that the server wont automatically enforce a tkline from someone who is using cgiirc? (Im only a n00b at programming etc.)

Good Luck!
el_Misry

Post by el_Misry »

yes i tried that. it compiles this way. only when i restart the ircd it crashes in about 3 min.
AEBrad

Post by AEBrad »

Possibly (Dont take my word for this) because you have tklines active? just a guess, my server doesnt as its just for a closed user group of about 40 people!