module courtroom

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
katsklaw

Re: module courtroom

Post by katsklaw »

1> /tsctl alltime
3> 3.2RC was a loooooong time ago to be honest. There is a chance that there is something that has changed and is affecting this module. I'm not positive but it's a good chance.
chevyman2002

Post by chevyman2002 »

Cool, and I figured as much.. I didn't know if you would know if IsSkoAdmin had changed offhand, since it had been mentioned previously...i'll re-launch vmware and whatnot and re-link it with one of our shells soon and try that command to see what it shows.. Would re-compiling the server that's crashing for debugging display any useful information in the log file??
Your face looks like it was set on fire and put out with an axe ;x.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

well I've never had a need to run Unreal in debug mode, so I don't know. I also don't know if or when IsSkoAdmin has changed. I do know that if IsSkoAdmin is redefined by a module, it can easily cause issues in core functions that is expecting the ircd struct version and it gets the 3rd party module version, so it's best to change the 3rd party module regardless of if or when IsSkoAdmin has ever changed.

I also found some thing in my logs about timeshifts that may help you.

[Sat Jul 11 04:21:50 2009] - TSCTL: U:line services.x.net set time to be 1247311347 (timediff: 1, was -35)
[Sat Jul 11 04:22:28 2009] - WARNING: Time jumped ~38 seconds ahead! (1247311310 -> 1247311348)
[Sat Jul 11 04:22:28 2009] - [TimeShift] Resetting some timers!

This was found prior to the installation of ntp. While 35 seconds may seem to be a short time, it's a massive difference to the ircd! A lot can happen in 35 seconds. Including user leaves server1 and server2 says the user is still there and crash an ircd.
chevyman2002

Post by chevyman2002 »

Sorry for not responding, took a break from all projects i was working on for about a month.. i haven't seen timeshifts but i just re-linked a couple test servers and saw it show the time was off by 2 seconds.. i changed isskoadmin to like isskoadmin2 if i remember correctly to test with and that eliminated the warnings and whatnot for it.. i'm still having the same problems today.. did you see anything that needed to be changed majorly?? i tried poking around other modules for how it stays synchronized with user quits and such but the only modules i could think of that would track that kind of information were tkl modules (shun, etc).. i also noticed it was using find_person() and in another standard module it was using find_client().. i didn't know if that made a difference, though i changed it over and it made no difference (may have also had a negative impact)..
chevyman2002

Post by chevyman2002 »

What is the success rate with the lite module? I haven't had any success in modding the module at all and suspect it will have to be completely rewritten with the newer standards, of course. I think the best direction to go for this module is to simply use a module to prevent users from pm'ing other users and joining other channels, etc. but have services handle the quarantine system. The whole issue is with the two servers keeping synchronized so if you have services do it, it eliminates that altogether. Has anyone had any problems with the lite module?