Win32 Module help wanted

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Stealth
Head of Support

Win32 Module help wanted

Post by Stealth »

As the people who like to download the Windows modules I have know, when there is a new release of Unreal it takes some time before I am able to compile and upload all the Windows modules to my site. The thing that takes the longest to do when I need to update the modules, is updating the page that lists the modules. I do not need help compiling modules, but this is what I need:

I need a PHP page in the format I have now, but with a few things coded. I need the "Previous Versions" list to automatically populate, this should be simple because the directories are the version numbers (3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.2.3, etc). The main modules directory is the current version.

I also need the PHP page to list the modules that are present in the directory. The modules are all in .zip files with their respective names (m_ircops.zip and such). The page should also read from a text file that has the version number, description, and author of the module, outputing it to the page in the current format.

Here is the current layout of the directory structure:

Code: Select all

/modules
  `- current module files
The text file with the information will be formatted like this:

Code: Select all

ModName Author Version Description
I would use a database, but I am too lazy to make one, and a database would be overkill. If a text file is too much to do, I might be able to make an XML file with the information.

If you are interested, please send me a message on the forums.
DO NOT email me (I don't have email access here)
DO NOT PM me on IRC (I won't read it)
Jason

Post by Jason »

I could probably do that tomorrow.
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
Matridom

Post by Matridom »

If jason does not get it finished, i can help with it. It will have to be on wed or thu when i have time to program.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.