Req: make chanop able to see users' IP

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
dio

Req: make chanop able to see users' IP

Post by dio »

Hi List,
I am looking for a module that would allow Channel OP's(AOP and Higher) to see users IP without being OPER. Is it possible? Please let me know this. Im not sure if its a IRCD module or Services (I use Anope).
Help would be much appriciated.
Regards
Dio
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Personally i cant see a need for this.

I do have a suggestion for a restriction in that it should be limited to requiring the user whos IP you want to view be in a channel in which youre op in and not just allow you to view an IP of any user just by being op in one channel.
JanisB

Post by JanisB »

Huh, how you can imagine it?... If i am channel #servergods +o'ed user, i can see everyone's IP server-wide? Most probably the easiest way how to do it - put O:Lined EggDrop on channel and do lookups over it.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Thats the reason behind my suggestion that if it is ever used should only allow you to IP's of users who are in a channel in which you are +o'ed or higher not allowing you to see the IP of someone NOT in your channel.
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

Dio, yes it is possible - the likely hood of finding someone to make this (for free) is very slim, however the coders or expereniced others may do it for a fee :)
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D