Secure/Private IRC Server

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Schiz0

Secure/Private IRC Server

Post by Schiz0 »

Hey guys. I would like to set up a secure/private IRC server using Unreal 3.2.7. This is what I would like it to do:

-Anyone can connect to the server
-When anyone connects, they are forced to join #Public and cannot run any commands other than PRIVMSG (To talk in #Public) and /login.
-/login will be an alias to msg a bot that I run to authenticate username/password in a MySQL database.
-Once authenticated, the bot with force a "/part #Public", force a "/join #Private", and reverse the setting that restricts the user to certain commands.

I know how to do all of this, other than restrict the user to certain commands. I'm thinking it would be perfect if there was a module that added a usermode that does this. I can set the mode in set::modes-on-connect and lock the mode (So users can't unset it themselves) in set::restrict-usermodes. Then, the bot can reverse the mode manually once /login is done (Can a ircop override set::restrict-usermodes??).

My question is, is there a module that adds a usermode that does this? I tried searching the module list on unrealircd.org, but it seems to be under maintaince right now and isn't working.

Also, if anyone knows of a better way to do this, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time,
~Schiz0
SpaceDoG

Re: Secure/Private IRC Server

Post by SpaceDoG »

Moved to Modules
Schiz0

Post by Schiz0 »

Well I looked through the modules list and did some googling, but didn't see anything. I guess I'll try to find another way or attempt to write my own module
MightyWings

Post by MightyWings »

Schiz0 wrote:Well I looked through the modules list and did some googling, but didn't see anything. I guess I'll try to find another way or attempt to write my own module
Please don't delete this post as it mentions editing modules.

You *could* /writeedit a module that hooks a command and disables it. The only problem is, you would have many, many of these modules.

I, myself, have edited such a module so that it blocks NOTICE, WALLOPS, SETNAME, LINKS and MODULE and it works 100%, as it is not my own work, I am unsure as to whether I could link you to the module for you to see it in action.
MightyWings