[Request] Chanmode +H

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
billybawb

[Request] Chanmode +H

Post by billybawb »

I would like to request a module for a channelmode, the mode +H would work with the umode +h, When +H is set on a channel, The channel is HelpOp or above Only, Just like Operators can use +O (IRCOps Only), If you could please make me this module that would be absolutely great, If you need more inforation or don't understand it you can send me a message on the or email me at, [email protected]

If you can make me the module, if you could please send me a PM on forums or email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Billybawb
Jobe
Official supporter

Re: [Request] Chanmode +H

Post by Jobe »

Firstly, in most cases you dont get +h without +O or +o (there is a way, such as when Anope gives it for having AOP access in the designated help channel, but then when any of your other user modes changes it gets unset anyway. As for oper block with only a helpop flag, you get +O too anyway)

Secondly, if such a module were to be written, it would be better posted on the forum for everyone instead of emailed to just you, as it is a module a few people would like.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Jobe1986 wrote:Firstly, in most cases you dont get +h without +O or +o (there is a way, such as when Anope gives it for having AOP access in the designated help channel, but then when any of your other user modes changes it gets unset anyway. As for oper block with only a helpop flag, you get +O too anyway)
That was explained to him on IRC (see what ya miss? :P), but he did not like that answer
andy

Post by andy »

I'm not sure about its functionality on 3.2.7, but I have a module from a network I go to. I'm pretty sure you go to the same network, too, if you're requesting this. Not to mention that your name sounds familiar. ;p

When I get home, I'll upload the module to my site and PM you the link, unless a forum moderator gives the OK for me to post it here! I don't think it can be found anywhere else online at the current time.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

it's ok to post module links here
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Well as long as theyre not links to paid modules obviously. As the author of said paid modules will not be happy if you give away his/her work for free.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
MightyWings

Post by MightyWings »

As far as I am aware, Syzop has a HelpOp Login module on his website. It's about €60 and from what I have heard, works rather well.
MightyWings