Want to remake mode +m

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
ShawnPrend

Want to remake mode +m

Post by ShawnPrend »

Okay basically what I want to do is add a new channel mode to m_mode.c based heavily off of +m

Infact, it's almost the exact same thing as +m except +h or above is required instead of +v.

Any help would be appreciated, my ability to read the source so far hasn't let me found exactly where mode m is defined and the coding for it is located... Even if someone could give me the lines I'd need to duplicate/edit I could probably figure out how to change it.

BTW I tried login into the support channel but it appears i'm banned with the reason "Abusive User", no idea why, anyone know why this may be?
[dx]

Re: Want to remake mode +m

Post by [dx] »

Well "Abusive User" says a lot of things. It mean that editing source is not supported and if you keep asking for that, you'll be also banned from here.

Regards.
ShawnPrend

Post by ShawnPrend »

[dx] wrote:Well "Abusive User" says a lot of things. It mean that editing source is not supported and if you keep asking for that, you'll be also banned from here.

Regards.
I didn't realize that editing the source was against the rules, my apologies however I never asked for that on IRC....

Regardless the same idea could easily be applied to creating a new module based off the content of +m instead of actually editing the source could it not?
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Create a module which adds a new chanmode, and use the HOOKTYPE_CHANMSG hook for blocking/allowing the message depending on access level.

You'll have to code the module yourself though, these are just to point you in the right direction :).

I'm unsure, though, why you would want an +m like mode that disallows voiced users to speak, as that makes me wonder why those users got voiced in the first place...
ShawnPrend

Post by ShawnPrend »

Syzop wrote:Create a module which adds a new chanmode, and use the HOOKTYPE_CHANMSG hook for blocking/allowing the message depending on access level.

You'll have to code the module yourself though, these are just to point you in the right direction :).

I'm unsure, though, why you would want an +m like mode that disallows voiced users to speak, as that makes me wonder why those users got voiced in the first place...
Well, I want to have both +m and this different mode that allows to block non-voices and voices.

The reason being simply because I run a channel that has a "game" going on in which everyone is voice unless they lose it, and I've had a few times in that channel where I just want people +h and above to be able to talk.

anyways thanks for the help, ill continue browsing through the module documentation and see if I can get it working.