Kline manager module

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Solutech

Kline manager module

Post by Solutech »

Has anyone any plans to make a module whereby klines that are set are managed on the fly ? ie if I /kline it gets written to either an external file or db so on a /rehash or server crash you dont lose the klines ? . I use bopm and it is frustrating if the server crashes and I lose any addys its caught or any users klined by opers . At the moment I have to copy the klines into klines.conf by hand . Dukat suggested the tkl export module but its not really what im after . From what I can gather from it it just exports them . I want the file to be read as part of the config . Or simply I would like to have the ability to issue a permanent kline without having to edit the .confs .
Jason

Post by Jason »

They are cleared by rehash?

I didnt know that (I always use GLines)

Try Zline
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Since I've never seen any K:lines lost on /rehash, I would be glad and grateful if someone could tell me how such a thing can happen. Thanks in advance.
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

It did it to me once and I havent touched rehash since . Could be a coincedence I suppose if its not supposed to but either way it doesnt really affect the original query. :) The reason I use klines rather than zlines or glines is that the opers understand klines . They have all come from ops on chatspace rather than ircd . In chatspace a kline was about all you could do perm ban wise . All I want is a way to make sure that any kline etc set stays set come what may and I dont have to dip into the confs all the time.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

My K:Lines seem to survive /rehash.

Maybe you should verify these proxies and make ban user blocks.
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Solutech wrote:The reason I use klines rather than zlines or glines is that the opers understand klines
You and your opers are ignoring the powerfulness of zlines and glines for such a wacky reason! You should educate your opers instead of not using features that might come in handy in certain situations.