levellimit

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
malphas

levellimit

Post by malphas »

Hey have loaded m_levellimit.c using make custommodule MODULEFILE=m_levellimit also added it to config rehashed server checked the module is loaded with /module _-7:14pm-_ -hub.chattersworld.co.uk- *** levellimit - 1.0 (Limit access to a channel based on oper level) [PERM] [3RD]

when I do /mode #channel +P It dont set that mode also it never asked when i loaded it what oper level was required to enter rooms with +P

Any Help
Casper

Re: levellimit

Post by Casper »

Are on the same server as where you loaded it? :)
It has to be loaded on all the servers in your network to work properly.
Ex Network-Administrator
malphas

Post by malphas »

sort of yes i`ve put it on the 3 servers i own we have a linked outside server that its not on
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

README from levellimit:
- Usage -

The syntax for the mode is simply, +P <level>. Level may be one of the following:

N - Network Administrators
a - Services Administrators
A - Server Administrators
C - Server Co-Administrators
o - IRC Operators
So like mode #chan +P N

Also, you should load channel mode modules on all servers, otherwise this can lead to desynchs (in other words: fuck ups).
Tech story:
If someone does this on a server with the module loaded:
MODE #CHAN +Pk N a
which basically is '+P N' and '+k a'... then this works well.. however once this mode is propagated to the other servers...
then the server which does not have the module loaded does not know +P is a parameter mode, and will think you did '+P' and '+k N' (=wrong key).
Stuff like that...
And if it's a hub it's even worse...

In general, it's best to load all modules on all servers. There are a few exceptions and specific circumstances when it's not absolutely necessary, though.