topicbadwords

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
pete212

topicbadwords

Post by pete212 »

a previous thread i posted earlier >
without using services...Is there a module for WIN 32 to lock a channel topic OR to ban a channel topic? if not can i request it?

so like when someone changes the topic of the 'topic locked' channel, the server will change it back to the locked topic immediately?
I found the closest thing to it "topicbadwords-1.0" I am running windows 2000 Advanced Server.. When i load up the .dll it gives me
* Loading IRCd configuration ..
* unrealircd.conf:36: loadmodule topicbadwords.dll: failed to load: The specified module could not be found.

[error] IRCd configuration failed to load
I compiled this on windows xp but i built it on windows 2000 enviroment..
i also changed the directory of the module to

loadmodule "src/modules/topicbadwords.dll";

it worked when i tested it on windows xp, is it that the source is messed up, or that i need to compile on windows 2000 or does windows 2000 have trouble with 3rd party modules?
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

When you create a module, it has a dependency on the MSVCRT library. Unreal ships with version 7.0 (VC++.NET 2002) of the CRT. If you compiled the module with a different version, 6.0 or 7.1 (VC++.NET 2003), then you need to ship that dll with the module.
-- codemastr
pete212

Post by pete212 »

is there any site that has a pre made dll for download?, to avoid me doing all the upgrading.. =\
pete212

Post by pete212 »

well, i got a friend to do it for me, and when i rehashed/loaded it up, i typed /module and got

*** Notice -- Loading IRCd configuration ..
-
*** Notice -- Configuration loaded without any problems ..
-
*** topicbadwords - 1.0 (Applys badwords channel mode to topics) [3RD] ]

etc..
but when actually making a badword the topic.. it doesnt work..it allows the badword still.. i did include badwords.channel.conf btw..
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Are you an irc operator? If so, IRC operators are still allowed to set the bad words even with this module loaded.
-- codemastr
pete212

Post by pete212 »

I tested as a normal user.. is there anyway that you could put a dll up for download? =\