[REQUEST] - Managed channels

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
javer

[REQUEST] - Managed channels

Post by javer »

Hi all,

I want to create multiplayer game based on IRC. The game is turn game, that means player can move only when it is his turn. So I need some bot or something like that which tell players whose turn it is. And I need this in every created channel. Is there some modul which can do something similar and I only change it little bit, or do you have idea how can I do this .

Thanks for replay
katsklaw

Re: [REQUEST] - Managed channels

Post by katsklaw »

If you don't see it on the modules page: http://www.unrealircd.com/modules.php?branch=u3

You will likely have to write it yourself, your request is very specific.
javer

Post by javer »

thank you for replay.

Is there some tutorial how to make modules, or should i simply modify source files ?
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

javer wrote:thank you for replay.

Is there some tutorial how to make modules, or should i simply modify source files ?
Modules are the better way, that way you don't lose support because you modified the core and it's easier to get assistance here for modules and you will get ignored for assistance in modifying the core. There are plenty of working examples on how to code modules, you'll want to start off simple and get more complex as you go.

Sorry the module API isn't well documented but as you learn C you will find your way around.

Good Luck