Some Help hiding a server message

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
^DooM^

Some Help hiding a server message

Post by ^DooM^ »

First off thanks for this awesome irc server, i have used it for many years and I hope I am posting this in the correct section. Apoligies if not.

I have searched for a solution to this but were unable to find what i needed. I have a channel that is set to moderated auditorium mode +mu which allows ops to see questions made by users.

What i would like to remove is the error that is thrown up by the server when this mode is activated as it will be very annoying for the channel users to see that error every time they ask a question.
14:50:43 <nick> [09:47] -!- #channel You need voice (+v) (#channel)
On line 261 of src/modules/m_message.c I see the string "You need voice (+v)", which is part of the err_cantsend array but I don't see where this is used in that file.

I believe it's to do with this block of code starting at line 541 but i'm a bit lost as to what to change it to.

Code: Select all

if (MyClient(sptr))
{
    if (!notice || (cansend == 8)) /* privmsg or 'cannot send notice'... */
        sendto_one(sptr, err_str(ERR_CANNOTSENDTOCHAN),
            me.name, parv[0], chptr->chname,
            err_cantsend[cansend - 1], p2);
}
Any help would be grately appreciated in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

^DooM^
katsklaw

Re: Some Help hiding a server message

Post by katsklaw »

Modifying Unreal's source code is not supported and thus you will not receive help as doing so voids all support from all mediums.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

It is because you're looking in the wrong file.

Look in channel.c, somewhere around line 777

Anything you do to your Unreal is entirely on you. We won't help modify it, and we won't help you if you break it or cause other problems by editing your stuff. In short: DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK
^DooM^

Post by ^DooM^ »

I understand the risks and that it's on me if i break it. I'm a coder by trade i just need some help with this. My systems are backed up completely so if anything should go wrong i can revert.

Please feel free to mark my account with "I modified the source" tag or whatever it is you need to feel secure in the knowledge you wont be wasting your time helping out a fellow netizen!