Module for MAC IP

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
CaZa

Module for MAC IP

Post by CaZa »

hi guys, am looking for a module that scane's the MAC IP of clientes, if some1 using proxy to connect to the server, the module will scan his MAC IP and will show up his MAC IP instead of the ip of the proxy he use...
I have seen this module but i forgot the name of the module, some1 told me its a script not module, but am not sure, please help thanks alot
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Module for MAC IP

Post by Stealth »

To my knowledge this is not possible due to the way TCP/IP works. The operating system does not share MAC information with the software. MAC information may also be changed or spoofed easier than IP addresses.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Not to mention, due to the way the Ethernet protocol works, the Ethernet addresses (or MAC addresses as some call them) are not transmitted beyond the physical network to which they are connected. That means the ONLY Ethernet address available to the OS is the Ethernet address of the LAST router/bridge the TCP connection went through, and NOT the Ethernet address of the actual computer the client is running on. The ONLY way to get the client computers actual Ethernet address is if software ON that computer transmits it to you.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
CaZa

Post by CaZa »

OK thanks alot