CourtRoom Module (Tested on Unreal3.2.9-RC2)

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
cheiron

Re: CourtRoom Module (Tested on Unreal3.2.9-RC2)

Post by cheiron »

Ok.. i can confirm only that this module does not crash my unreal3.2.9 but that is about as good as it gets ..

need some help debugging some issues for this module to work though

This is from my mirc when i do the /rehash and use the command

-
12<20612:245am12> -cqchat.co.in- *** Notice -- Loading IRCd configuration ..
-
12<20612:245am12> -cqchat.co.in- *** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:864: unknown directive suspend-ignore
-
12<20612:245am12> -cqchat.co.in- *** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:865: unknown directive suspend-auto-join
-
12<20612:245am12> -cqchat.co.in- *** Notice -- Configuration loaded without any problems ..
-
12<20612:246am12> -cqchat.co.in- *** Cheiron suspended the mask *@hostxx.xx.xx.xx at Sun Jun 29 05:45:34 2014 (reason: No reason)
-
12<20612:246am12> -cqchat.co.in- *** Cheiron removed suspension for the mask *@hostxx.xx.xx.xx (set by Cheiron at Sun Jun 29 05:45:34 2014 - reason: No reason)
-
And the user does not get forcejoined to any channels.... only forceparted from all and cannot join anything

this is from the back end when the module was compiled...

courtroom.c: In function 'm_suspend':
courtroom.c:1244: warning: passing argument 1 of 'remove_suspend_flags' from incompatible pointer type
courtroom.c:853: note: expected 'struct suspend *' but argument is of type 'struct aClient *'
courtroom.c:1245: warning: passing argument 1 of 'del_qflag' from incompatible pointer type
courtroom.c:631: note: expected 'struct QFlag *' but argument is of type 'struct aClient *'
courtroom.c: In function 'm_qforward':
courtroom.c:1318: warning: passing argument 1 of 'sendnotice' from incompatible pointer type
../include/h.h:329: note: expected 'struct aClient *' but argument is of type 'char *'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Unreal3.2/src'

So all in all.. only about half works and i need a fix to get it working
viein

Post by viein »

hi
directives should be inside the set block

Code: Select all

set { 
suspend-ignore "#Help";
suspend-auto-join "#chan";
    };
cheiron

Post by cheiron »

they were in my set block.. thats what i dont understand
chevyman2002

Post by chevyman2002 »

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Unfortunately, I lost interest in this module as fixing one bug led to creating another in many cases. I managed to get it stable enough to run on ONE IRCd at a time, linking more servers causes issues with the way they sync with one another and thus causes critical problems including crashing/freezing. If you have multiple IRCds, just delete the module and save the trouble, the module needs to be completely reworked. If you have but one IRCd, it seems you have something amiss with your settings, never had a problem with the way it read from the config file (in the set {} block). Moving the user(s) to the channel specified has also worked after some messing around. I haven't touched the module in quite a while but if you downloaded it from one of my servers (http://summitirc.com/modules/), you have exactly what I have running on my dedicated IRCd [which the module has worked fine for me].

Since I'm logged in to that server and realized I didn't have the m_privdeaf module up there, I added the following to prevent abuse/confusion/whatever..

Code: Select all

else if ((sptr->umodes & UMODE_PRIVDEAF) && !IsAnOper(sptr) && !IsULine(sptr) && !IsServer(sptr))
        {
                sendnotice(sptr, "Message to '%s' not delivered: Your own modes prohibit the use of private messaging", acptr->name);
                return NULL;
        }
Saw the ability to block incoming messages but you could still send messages, which seemed dumb to me. It'd be like being able to call someone up and say whatever you want, knowing they couldn't respond.. Anyway, if someone needs the entirety of that module let me know (email would be faster [email protected] or [email protected] whichever). Sorry again for the delayed response, I didn't know someone posted a comment to this topic.
Your face looks like it was set on fire and put out with an axe ;x.