compiling in win32

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
amphi

compiling in win32

Post by amphi »

hi,

can anyone give the exact steps to do in compiling the modeules for win32?

thanks
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

I'm sure its documented in the package somewhere (I recall seeing a Win32 compile guide somewhere). Go try what it says and if it doesn't work, then come back here and we'll help you out then.
amphi

Post by amphi »

hi,

not really i just need to know what files to place in the win32 directory or what lines to add to whatever conf before compiling for win32. and help is appreciated

thanks
amphi

Post by amphi »

hi again,

i saw this in makefile.win32

src/l_commands.obj: src/modules/l_commands.c $(INCLUDES)
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) src/modules/l_commands.c

i wonder if i just add the same format as above but replace it with the modules i wanna compile it will do? example

src/l_commands.obj: src/modules/operonlymap.c $(INCLUDES)
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) src/modules/operonlymap.c

thanks
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

In Unreal3.2/doc/compiling_win32.txt you will only see how to compile Unreal3.2 under Windows. Unfortunately, compiling modules for wircd is not so simple, and there's no official documentation on that. The only way you can get modules to be loaded in wircd is to compile them statically, therefore they will always act to be permanent (you can find the reason for this here). However this requires you to modify the UnrealIRCd source code, which might lead you to lose support from the UnrealIRCd Team. In case it doesn't matter, have a look at my documentation page, you'll find the necessary steps there.

By the way, operonlymap is one of my old modules, try hideserver instead. And if anyone decides to use such a module, please read question 57 at Syzop's FAQ page first.
amphi

Post by amphi »

hi angrywolf,

thanks for your reply but u din specifically mention if the method i posted is even workable? heh

thanks appreciate
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Probably because you haven't asked that? :-) Well, it depends on what modules you want to have loaded. 1. I always design my modules to work on win32, 2. codemastr's modules don't seem to have such problems, 3. Syzop seemingly codes modules only for *NIX, 4. penna's modules are OK for win32, too.
amphi

Post by amphi »

hi angrywolf,

yeah i just tried compiling and it seems not all modules are compatiable in win32. the first which i added of 6 joinpartsno.c returns failed. so i would have to omit it out and see if the rest fails.

btw the msg is: fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'src/modules/joinpartsno.c'

thanks again
amphi

Post by amphi »

well what to say lol, all failed with the same error msg. does someone actually have successfully compiled modules into win32?
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Sounds like src/modules/jointhrottle.c doesn't exist.
-- codemastr
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

To let you know, I've been told many times that my and codemastr's modules run fine on wIRCd. You're likely missing something. (See codemastr's response.)
amphi

Post by amphi »

Hi there,

well its really my bad, after the first failed i deleted the whole directory and did not copy all my modules over thus the failure. all modules successfully compiled into win32 except for afew which the module itself seems to have some text error.

The error msg was something like there a extra Init_Init, Load_Load, Unload_Unload that the compiler wouldn't understand. Editing the module itself works only if you change the name of the module that has the above error example:

DLLFUNC int MOD_INIT(m_ircops)(ModuleInfo *modinfo) to
DLLFUNC int MOD_INIT(ircops)(ModuleInfo *modinfo)

and the same for Load and Unload also the filename name.

thanks again code and angry :)
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

I have an idea what you are talking about, however if you find problems/bugs in 3rd party modules, you'd better report them directly to the author. (They shouldn't be reported here, because this is the official Unreal3.2 modules forum, and the Unreal Team has almost nothing to do with modules made by others.)
amphi

Post by amphi »

hi angry,

take it easy its just an example and thats not the module that din load :)
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Well, ok, by the way, it was my fault to give an "ircops" name instead of "m_ircops" for the module (in the module header). And I'm lazy to correct this. :-)