Lost message in phpBB [Bug?]

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

AngryWolf

Lost message in phpBB [Bug?]

Post by AngryWolf »

Hello,

I have just read a topic in the Spamfilters forum, where one of heper's post is lost. (Probably everybody can notice the same.) Instead, I can see that heper wrote an answer to his own post, which, I guess, is actually written by codemastr. What is that supposed to mean? Maybe a bug?

Here's a picture of what my browser shows (with a small font size):
http://www.freeweb.hu/angrywolf/tmp/weird.jpg
heinz

Post by heinz »

It appears that a post has been deleted between the OP post, and yours AngryWolf.

I suggest codematr (or someone with admin access) looks in the mod logs to see if it was deleted. If required, I will look in the database later to see if the post exists there.
Chris Hogben
Chief Tester, QA Team - Anope IRC Services
Co-Owner - PhpMemX.Net
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

I'm seeing exactly the same thing. It does appear that one of the posts was deleted.

phpBB 2.0.x doesn't have "mod logging" in its default form (although there probably is a modification for it somewhere, although I wouldn't know whether or not such a modification is implemented here). I do believe that the next major phpBB version (2.2) will include this; I know that it will incorporate admin logging. (I can't definitely tell you because the last CVS version that I got won't let me in to any control areas.)

EDIT: Moderator logging will be in 2.2 - just checked :P
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Yes, I did write that post. No idea what happened.
-- codemastr
heinz

Post by heinz »

According to the database, heper was quoting the same postid that he typed up. The bbcode for the post shows that the bbcode_uid is the exact same one as the quote is in. Must have edited it or something, can't find any reference of the quoted text anywhere else in the db.
Chris Hogben
Chief Tester, QA Team - Anope IRC Services
Co-Owner - PhpMemX.Net
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

Possible that someone clicked the wrong button (moderator edit instead of quote)? :P
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Um, 'someone' = codemastr, right? If no, how would be that possible? If yes, do you mean that codemastr was tired enough or something that 1. his eyes missed the "Edit post" subtitle, 2. didn't realize he was editing a post even when he had noticed it not being quoted automatically, and 3. doesn't remember anything confusing about the way he replied? Well, I'm not sure, but probably you are right... Maybe he was contentrating too much on the topic?