Bizarre router problems

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

Solutech

Bizarre router problems

Post by Solutech »

Just added an adsl router to my system. B4 the router I had the following running

Unreal RC2
Magick II
2 irc bots
2 scripts

All running happily behind a ZA pro firewall on XP pro

Added the router and now I have Unreal & magick up ok . Ppl can connect as normal. All of the scripts on my pc come up connection refused? . I cant for the life of me see what the problem is . If I put the scripts thru a proxy server they connect . Off a straight connect nada . Nothing comes up in the logs for unreal the router or the firewall to say whats goin on. Any ideas guys coz this ones got me seriously confused lol
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

There are millions of "scripts" you have to be much more specific.
And, if you mean an mIRC script, well then that's not an issue with Unreal. It's either a problem with the script, or with your router. If it worked before the router, and doesn't work afterwards, the logical conclusion is the router is to blame.
-- codemastr
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

I know its the router . Just thought someone from this forum might of had the same problem or heard of it before. First time I have had to use a router for anything more specific than browsing the net. I know this isnt an unreal issue thats why I posted it in off topic btw ;)
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Changed the connect address in the mirc scripts & bots to the machines LAN ip and they connect up ok now . Like I said very weird lol