Cannot connect to unreal 3.2.3 Servers

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

IRCrazy

Cannot connect to unreal 3.2.3 Servers

Post by IRCrazy »

I cannot seem to connect to any of the servers of StaticZone IRC networks , where as I can easily connect to DALnet (bahamut) , I'm using ADSL , and i'm behind a router, which hides my ip and gives the following error

[19:53] Local host: unknown (202.5.149.99)

another thing is that I can connect to other servers but it stucks on my screen here

[20:08] -IRCworld.Ca.Us.StaticZone.Net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
[20:08] -IRCworld.Ca.Us.StaticZone.Net- *** Checking ident...
-
[20:08] -IRCworld.Ca.Us.StaticZone.Net- *** No ident response; username prefixed with ~
-
[20:08] -IRCworld.Ca.Us.StaticZone.Net- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead

where as if I type /join #help , it will join to others, but no channel will open, so I can do everything, but others will see it, and my screen will be stuck at the same point, do something as I am IRCop there... ty
IRCraxzy
r3mbr4ndt

Post by r3mbr4ndt »

Try forwarding port 113 (ident) on ur router so that your ident works, some servers require ident on connect.
Defunct...
Updated Win32 libs, binaries and easy to
use compile script for Visual Studio .NET
http://unreal.hates.tv
Jason

Post by Jason »

This one doesnt.

[20:08] -IRCworld.Ca.Us.StaticZone.Net- *** Checking ident...
-
[20:08] -IRCworld.Ca.Us.StaticZone.Net- *** No ident response; username prefixed with ~

He got past that
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
r3mbr4ndt

Post by r3mbr4ndt »

Try a differnt client? Maybe your mIRC is forked.
Defunct...
Jason

Post by Jason »

Good point!

/remote off
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
IRCrazy

Post by IRCrazy »

well...nothing worked...even the remote off didnt...making remote off just went upto the this part

[19:04] Local host: Shabbir-Ahmad (172.16.13.105)
-
[19:04] -TuXs.Ca.Us.StaticZone.Net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
[19:04] -TuXs.Ca.Us.StaticZone.Net- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead
-
FakeID Nickname is already in use.
-
Welcome to the StaticZone IRC Network [email protected]
Your host is TuXs.Ca.Us.StaticZone.Net, running version Unreal3.2.3
This server was created Tue Apr 12 2005 at 14:26:21 BST
TuXs.Ca.Us.StaticZone.Net Unreal3.2.3 iowghraAsORTVSxNCWqBzvdHtGp lvhopsmntikrRcaqOALQbSeIKVfMCuzNTGj
CMDS=KNOCK,MAP,DCCALLOW,USERIP SAFELIST HCN MAXCHANNELS=10 CHANLIMIT=#:10 MAXLIST=b:60,e:60,I:60 NICKLEN=30 CHANNELLEN=32 TOPICLEN=307 KICKLEN=307 AWAYLEN=307 MAXTARGETS=20 WALLCHOPS are supported by this server
WATCH=128 SILENCE=15 MODES=12 CHANTYPES=# PREFIX=(ohv)@%+ CHANMODES=beIqa,kfL,lj,psmntirRcOAQKVGCuzNSMTG NETWORK=StaticZone CASEMAPPING=ascii EXTBAN=~,cqnr ELIST=MNUCT STATUSMSG=@%+ EXCEPTS INVEX are supported by this server
-
There are 62 users and 90 invisible on 10 servers

nothing after that....and its ADSL, I cannot forward my port, and its already port 113 for identd, and identd is on
IRCraxzy
IRCrazy

Post by IRCrazy »

I have 3 mirc clients 6.03 , 6.12 and 6.16 , and all of them work arite if I use dial-up, the problem is with ADSL, do tell me if any of you guys have a way to get me get it working...thnx :)
IRCraxzy
r3mbr4ndt

Post by r3mbr4ndt »

Remove the router from the situation. Connect directly without the router and see if it works. Sounds like it is either your router or your ISP causing this issue.
Defunct...
IRCrazy

Post by IRCrazy »

well, I will ask them...since I cannot...But I dont understand the reason if I can connect to DALnet on IRC then why not this network ?
IRCraxzy
r3mbr4ndt

Post by r3mbr4ndt »

well, I will ask them...since I cannot...But I dont understand the reason if I can connect to DALnet on IRC then why not this network ?
Well as you said, you were able to connect just fine with dial-up, just not with your DSL. Therefore the issue lies with your DSL/DSL Equipment/Router/ISP...

I doubt there is anything the Unreal developers will be able to do for you.

You may want to try connecting with a BNC and let the BNC connect to the server instead of you directly?
Defunct...
IRCrazy

Post by IRCrazy »

well, I have a psybnc account, and even that doesnt work, it just reacts in the same way, as on ADSL, where as it doesnt stuck on dial-up.....
IRCraxzy