Is this possible

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

Alex

Is this possible

Post by Alex »

Just to start simple so the developers understand what I'm talking about. Wouldn't it be possible to add the following which shows up in status window for opers only when an oper enter a room and what room they enter, like this:

[23:35] -my.irc.net- Operator Nick entered #channelName [HOST] (opers with regular sys. op status)

[23:35] -my.irc.net- Operator Nick entered #channelName [OWNER] (opers with admin status)

That makes it much easier for operators that are online to see if another one comes in.
I have been an sys.op for years on another place and we there had that, which was pretty much appreciated by the opers and admins, and I doubt it would be a problem to set that in UnrealIRCd too.

Thanks.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Why would you want to know when another IRCop enters any room at all? :) It might just be me, but I don't see the point.

Anyway, I doubt this should have been in this forum :P - Ask someone to create this as a module for you (you'll most likely have to pay for it)? :)

Regards,

Wiggle.
All spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and stupid comments are intentional.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Wiggle wrote:Why would you want to know when another IRCop enters any room at all? :) It might just be me, but I don't see the point.

Anyway, I doubt this should have been in this forum :P - Ask someone to create this as a module for you (you'll most likely have to pay for it)? :)

Regards,

Wiggle.
What is it with you :?: Even if you don't would have it, it could be others that want it and not only me.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Regardless (and I stated it was just my opinion ;)), you'd still need a module, since it's not implemented now, and I *doubt* they'll implement it in 3.2.* since that's only bugfix. And 3.3 is only due in a few years.

But I could be wrong :).
All spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and stupid comments are intentional.