UnrealIRCd

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

Alex

UnrealIRCd

Post by Alex »

Well, I've tried this UnrealIRCd for a little while, but must say I think it is a very complicated system, especially for newbies as I'm. It is of course simple to use for people that maybe have years of knowledge, but I think the developers have made it too complicated.

My own opinion is that I doubt I'll use UnrealIRCd much more longer, but go back to the IRCd I used earlier, which was easy to use. I'm not really sure what the developers think when they make Unreal, but I don't think they have thought very much about that it can be people who not have the same knowledge or maybe never used UnrealIRCd.

Hopefully other people that use UnrealIRCd will have more luck than I have had. :)

Thanks
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

The coders did not want to make an IRCd someone without the proper knowledge could set up. As it is now, there are already millions of people running an IRCd, and most of which have no clue about what they are doing because their IRCd was pre-configured or was simple to set up. UnrealIRCd was ofcourse designed for people with experience on IRC, and not noobs who don't know what a DNS is.