Wondering how to make a FREE server...

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

Kamron

Wondering how to make a FREE server...

Post by Kamron »

I dont know how to make a free server i want to make a .com server but i have to purchase the domain does any1 want to help me out and be a IRCop on my server IF u do plz. Leave a message stateing u will hopefully purchase the http://www.ygo.com domain for me plz THX
Matridom

Re: Wondering how to make a FREE server...

Post by Matridom »

Kamron wrote:I dont know how to make a free server i want to make a .com server but i have to purchase the domain does any1 want to help me out and be a IRCop on my server IF u do plz. Leave a message stateing u will hopefully purchase the http://www.ygo.com domain for me plz THX
So let me get this straight...

you want someone to purchase the domain name for you, and you will reward them by letting him/her become an ircop on said server with no rights and/or privliges to the domain?

why not get a .org (free) domain name and go with that?
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Kamron

Thx

Post by Kamron »

but how can i get org free just goto http://www.URLhere.org
Kamron

Post by Kamron »

like how do i register teh domain
Kamron

Post by Kamron »

i went to the domain and it sed i had to pay $5.23
Kamron

accually..

Post by Kamron »

it sed $5,140 dollars for it.... thats FREE omg plz help
Matridom

Post by Matridom »

kamron, in all honesty, if you want your own domain name, bit the bullet and pay for it. Those of us who run full domains do it that way.

Godaddy will let you register a .com for a grand total of $7 for one year.

What your basicly saying here is "Pay me and i'll make you an ircop on my server" From what i've seen in your other thread, it looks like your having difficulties even running the server, so why would people want to pay you to have access on a server that is already having difficulties????

I run an IRC server, I have a domain name. I paid hard cash for my domain name. I have 3-4 ircops on my server, plus one other netadmin (for the back up server), they all got the access for free from helping out on the server and standing out has beeing upstanding individuals. I do not get one penny from the people who help me, nor would i expect it.

So, buy the domain yourself, get the server running, learn to run it properly and find people (from those that connect) that you think you can trust and promote them, you will end up with a much better staff that way. The people you promote will be interested in what your IRC server is about, unlike someone who paid in and might not have a bidding interest in running the server
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Kamron

dude

Post by Kamron »

it cant run i try and it says refused plus whats ure server... i wanna know if i can be ircop because i have experince for IRCop and i can never get 1 I Sign up i never get I sign up I never get u c?
Matridom

Re: dude

Post by Matridom »

Kamron wrote:it cant run i try and it says refused plus whats ure server... i wanna know if i can be ircop because i have experince for IRCop and i can never get 1 I Sign up i never get I sign up I never get u c?
IRCop's on my servers is earned, not giving out "carte blanch" to people who ask them.

Here are the reasons I won't give it to you.
1. I don't know you.
2. I don't trust you.
3. See #1
4. See #2

if you *really* want IRCop's on my server, log-in and help out for a year or two, then i *may* consider it *if* i need another IRCop at the time. That's also saying that there are no other more qualified/better suited people around when the position opens up.

I don't care if ircops knows the commands or not, that can be easily taught. What can't be taught easily are social skills like mediating between parties, applying authority and williness to help people out who logon. Oh, also the most important, not abusing their authority cause of personal views/opinions.