We want to Sponsor a Small IRC Network

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

TheFrog

We want to Sponsor a Small IRC Network

Post by TheFrog »

Our company used to have an IRC shell for their non-critical communication which w ehave recently moved away from.

They are looking to sponsor it to a good IRC Community, preferably a smaller one with an existing user base [even if very small] looking for more capacity and good reliability.

It is hosted on multiple 100Mb/s links from an OC-192 Backbone
Running Free BSD, Unreal IRCd
AS it was used for internal communication its pretty small - only 550 users max but its' extremely quick & reliable [Will be upgraded if usage requires]
There is no limit on the monthly bandwidth.

There's no activity on it and i wiped the slate clean when we decided to sponsor it so no database linkage issues to worry about...

This may be good for your needs, for linking purposes etc... If you like the idea e-mail me: [email protected] and maybe we can set it up for your use...

It's just a waste for us to have it sitting there doing nothing and we are going to look to give it back to the technical community instead of taking it offline.

You can also message or private me here and we can discuss.
McTerry

Post by McTerry »

So... let's say I wanted to join... do I get 100% access via remote control to the IRC Deamon and files?
BOOM!
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

• What costs are involved?
  • What's the physical location of the server?
Bricker

Post by Bricker »

rofl don't pay any attention to this guy, he said the same thing to me and kept bullshitting around
-Bricker-