Missing IRCops

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

Matridom

Missing IRCops

Post by Matridom »

I'm sure it's happened, one of your IRCop's stops logging in for a while or shows up rarely...

what's your policy in regards to this?

Do you require them to make apparences on a regular bases?
Do you remove the oper block when the nick registration expires?

I'm sure most people leave it at "Active presences" but where do you draw the line?
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

If their nick expires (21 days of not identifying), their O:Line does too.
droolin

We let our server admins set their own policy

Post by droolin »

On our network, we let the server admin set their policy. My policy on my server is pretty lose. People have jobs, children, things like that. Shoot, sometimes people just burn out on irc. I have a tendacy to keep their olines active even if I don't see them over a period of time. We have other admins that if the nick drops, then the oline drops. Just, a personal judgement call of the admin.
I just feel, things happen. Can't pay the isp bill. New wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend. Job that just works a person to death. I also know, because we are a small network and you get the clicks. That it will wear on a person after awhile and people will back off chatting for a period of time, then come back. Id rather them do that and come back to chat and enjoy, then have them flipping out 24/7 online cause its just getting to them. Its called, if your ticked off. alt/4. Shoot, I do it.
Just my 2 cents worth.

droolin
Hornyness is a perpetual thang. The hornier you are, the hornier your going to be.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Our network has about 50 users at peak times, we have only 3 opers (1 for each server). We are all online at least 2 hours a day.

As soon as we grow and need more opers, I suppose we want them logging in at least once a week. Unless they specify a reason for not being able to be online, they will lose their position.
GouroB

Post by GouroB »

in my network i get around 250+ users at peak times, as this network is running since 1999 so we got a bit more opers ( 4 Admin's & few ircop/coadmin ) now as Droolin said , everyone has their own life and things to do , so what i do is , i got a OperDB , there if any one remains absent in irc for 2 months , his status becomes Inactive and for 6 months or above absence oper drop's. but i think it would be better if there was some way to do that automatically, depending on use of nick and status change.
-=GouroB=-
https://www.shunno.info
Your complete web Solution
Irc.BanglaCafe.com
LargesT Chat server in BanglaDesH
siyavash

Post by siyavash »

Any IRCop not being around more than 2-4 weeks should no longer be an IRCop. The ONLY reason an IRCop is "gone" should be vacation, family problems or illness.

Anyone who can't be around shouldn't be an IRCop.
Shelluser

Re: Missing IRCops

Post by Shelluser »

Matridom wrote:what's your policy in regards to this?
It heavily depends on the kind of ircop. We have some strict policies about this on our network but they leave enough freedom for the admins. Any admin is free to add local ircops to his box and to remove/keep them as he so pleases. But when it comes to global ircops he will need the support of the other network admins before adding them.

Because we're a rather small network (peeks at 160) and because of our rather strict policy on oper behaviour we don't keep much track of idle opers yet. This is also because the majority of our opers are also server admins ;-)
With kind regards, Peter

NekoNet IRC
www.neko-net.org / [url=irc://irc.neko-net.org:6667]irc.neko-net.org[/url]