mozilla firefox vs iexplore poll

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

Wich is fast/more secure/stable and better for use ?

Mozilla Firefox
83%
Windows Internet Explorer
17%

Total votes: 30

McTerry

Post by McTerry »

IE 4 life.. :D

I hate FireFox. I must say FF crashes more than IE ever had on my system.
I like IE so far and I will like it even when I get really old.
I don't have any serious problems with Windows eather.
All OS'es have problems that can frustrate a user.

Linux is one of them. I tryed to install Red Hat for some years ago.
But it just didn't want to install. Why? Don't ask me. Nothing happend.
I said "Fuck linux! Windows is still far more superior". :P

After that I tested BeOS 5.0 PE. Witch was amazing.
At last I could test a new OS. I still like BeOS even if it's almost dead.
So there is other OS'es I can test. SkyOS is one of them. Looks alot better than Linux does.

But anyways. I didn't came here to post that I like Windows more than Linux.
I vote for IE and it will always be IE as long as I use "Windoze". ;)
BOOM!
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

JIVXor wrote: NEVERTHELESS NOBODY USE LYNX.
Lol. Well I was stuck once, because my ISP's ISP cut off our internet, so I had to login to my shell that was located at a computer in the LAN that was connected through another ISP, so I managed to check my mails and download a few files I needed with LYNX, without actually having Internet.

About the poll.. Nothing to say except Firefoix rules. It has tons of extensions and is updated quickly. Firefox, with 5 open tabs, consumes 37 MB memory. IE, a single window, 21 MB. This is self-explainatory.
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

Can you tell me Grunt, what kind of PC do you have? Yes I can imagine : you have a 486 DX4 at 120 MHZ/32 mb SIMM/4gb HDD. *joke* ;)
What the hell I care about the RAM if I have 1gb/DDR ? And please dont tell me : I use LYNX because of RAM optimization .

You remember me to my Turbo Pascal Programing teacher, he said to me :
George don't use

Code: Select all

Uses Crt; 

that overloads the computer's RAM, use only System Unit [/i]

I don't have to tell you what kind of PC we were using : 486 DX2 at 66 mhz/4 mb SIMM/20 mb HDD.
Damn God, the new generation has products to explode, more than 3 thousand MHZ of development. We are going to take advantage of it, or what?
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

Actually, no I don't. I bought a computer with Sempron 2200+ (1.5 GHz), 256 RAM, 40 GB HDD. But with more open programs, the memory still counts.

And I don't normally use LYNX, but I used it in that situation.

I have both Firefox and IE installed. I created a page using Dreamweaver MX, and on the preview, I tested it in both browsers. IE reported "Internet Explorer has restricted this page for showing active content that could harm your computer" and a JavaScript error as well. Firefox just loads the page without any problems.
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Lynx is nice, and so is w3m, I use them for bots and stuff (they render the page, I just output.. ;p).
And, as mentioned before, if you are in a console environment it's useful as well.
I'm glad it's still being maintained ;)
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

Grunt wrote: I have both Firefox and IE installed. I created a page using Dreamweaver MX, and on the preview, I tested it in both browsers. IE reported "Internet Explorer has restricted this page for showing active content that could harm your computer" and a JavaScript error as well. Firefox just loads the page without any problems.
That's true, I'm totaly agree.

Nevertheless, while FireFox is dedicated to fix those annoying "ActiveX", the thing become more complicated for them :
http://search.securityfocus.com/swsea ... y=firefox

Nothing is as it is drawn, products have errors, and if you don´t update, you remain with the hole. The title of that page is : 417 Results for [firefox] . (Yes I know, if I type internet explorer, it will show me a frightful number results with : More than 417 Results for [internet explorer] ) But this isn't for comparing reason, this is for let you guys know that, in my opinion, the product always will have errors since the programmer is not perfect. We must choose our product, the one that is to us more comfortable and thus to dedicate to update it and to personalize it to our taste and security.
I have used Internet Explorer the 3 years that I take in my university (University of Informatics Sciences has more than 10000 computers in its network) and believe me that I have never had serious problems with that application. Now I'm using FireFox, and yes it's true that is more capable in webs than iexplore, but I have to say that still it doesn't have things that Internet explorer offers. And I know that is a matter of time, when they implement those things in their application, then I'll change totally with much pleasure. :D
[UnDeRTaKeR]

Post by [UnDeRTaKeR] »

go ahead and explain to the world what is the UCI
im sure they will like to hear about our great school inventions..
and Im sure u know as well that eventually windows will have to be
erradicated from there...if they really want to sell something..
ask uncle Bill the reason...by that time, I dont think there will be
a internet explorer for linux :P
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

Whatever you say, it's just becoming more complicated for you, 'cause you don't use Linux yet ... so, be sure of what you're talking about, you'll not want to do a comparison, cause you know that NOBODY here in Cuba knows about how-to recompile a simple 2.4 kernel for example ;) I guess I'm typing posts here for a saturated reason.
[UnDeRTaKeR]

Post by [UnDeRTaKeR] »

what are u talking about??
complicated for who??
did u read my post...the last time I checked, I wasnt in the uci,
I think that havent changed at all...
its not the point if I use linux, or dont know how to compile a kernel,
knowledge is volatile,
the point is (in case u didnt get it) the uci will have to migrate to linux,
so get a better example of 1000...etc computer network using IE
and yes, to install firefox I didnt need to recompile anything...
;)
I didnt think I had to explain my post..
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

Yes, you don't have to explain your post 'cause I'm here at UCI and the ViceRector of Informatic Matters says :

No usaremos Linux hasta que no estemos capacitados, por ahora, tendremos que resolvernosla con Windows

Of course that you know the meaning of that, but if others wanna read :

We'll not gonna use Linux until we're capables, by now, we'll must fix our problem with Windows

I guess that was an experience/capable man. I didn't say a word in the meeting, 'cause I'm not able to do that in my position of Linux-newbie. If you have some information that our university does not know, just let me know about it. (Yes, Cuba will have to migrate on to Linux, but not yet ;) )

Y no hablo mas que me botan del foro :D
Bricker

Post by Bricker »

omfg is this topic still going on?! jebus :P
-Bricker-
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Bricker wrote:omfg is this topic still going on?! jebus :P
Except that it's now degenerated into a Windows vs Linux war :P
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

Exactly, my excuses for those posts.

**** FireFox WINS!!! End of story ****
tdw

Post by tdw »

JIVXor wrote:Exactly, my excuses for those posts.

**** FireFox WINS!!! End of story ****
second that
[UnDeRTaKeR]

Post by [UnDeRTaKeR] »

estoy teniendo problemas y demas, no puedo seguir esto aqui,
no queria tener q decirte esto, pero para q recuerdes lo q te dije
ya algunas veces,

la carreta q mas bulla hace, es la q mas vacia esta...