To UnrealIRCd guys : Don't put your email out there ?

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

siyavash

To UnrealIRCd guys : Don't put your email out there ?

Post by siyavash »

Guys, if you do not intend to reply to emails, why even put them online ? I seen many people emailing you and never to get an answer back. You should just remove them from the site and redirect everyone to the forums :) Sending people to /dev/null isn't nice ;) heheh..... just a suggestion though. :P :oops:
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

If you send me an email in outlook in html with smiley images and with a nice palm background, then chances your email got to /dev/null.

In 95% of the other cases I do reply (roughly 1 in 20 emails I leave unanswered).

If you are emailing codemastr, well he's very busy. If you are emailing stskeeps, he does unreal4 fun not Unreal3*.

If you are mailing things to me "PLZ TO HELP" or "PLZ TO MAKE MODULE X" or "PLZ TO SEND MODULE M_SPY" etc, chances are also low of getting a response (read: this is the 5% I'm talking about).
Then there's still a 1% of other things that simply get overlooked or are incorrectly tagged as junk (though, I do not consider outlook emails with palm backgrounds to be incorrectly tagged as junk) but this happens with everyone.

Side note: I grepped on your name and saw 0 emails.
Bricker

Post by Bricker »

also, these coders and supporters do there jobs for FREE. they have lives outside of Unreal etc, so just because we dont reply emails right away doesnt
mean that "oh fuck this guy" its more of "oh fuck this guy, i have a life kthx" :-P just my personal opinion
-Bricker-
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

these coders and supporters do there jobs for FREE
Since when?! :'(
they have lives outside of Unreal etc
I do?
just because we dont reply emails right away doesnt mean that "oh fuck this guy"
ehm... No comment...
its more of "oh fuck this guy, i have a life kthx"
Refer to the second one...
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

Hmm... was that a lol?! :P
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.