Problem with IRC.

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

JustinTD

Problem with IRC.

Post by JustinTD »

I try to connect and get this:
[15:55] Closing Link: JustinTD[ip68-224-203-221.ri.ri.cox.net] (User has been permanently banned from IRCsystems (Pain in the ass botnet master))

why? I have never done anything to the server, nor do I run any bot nets. Help?
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Im guessing either your computer is compromised OR you have a dynamic IP address and have been unlucky enough to be assigned an IP address that has been banned. My suggestion would be to contact the network administrators or server administrators for the network in question.
JustinTD

Post by JustinTD »

I am thinking its more along the lines of someone on this ISP did something bad. I tried to connect with another computer which is on a diff WAN IP but same ISP and has NEVER connected to their IRC server. I used a diff nick and that one was hit too. Like I said, I have been in the chat many times, never had a problem with em, to be honest i dont even know what a bot net is, but i can tell you only IRC stuff i run is mIRC and my copy of unreal which is hosted on another server. So.. I dunno, someone may wanna look into this.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Just for clarification a bot net is a network of IRC bots all connected together usually outside of IRC to perform a synchronized attack. To be honest if your computer has been compromised and has a bot on it it's not always easy to tell at first.
JustinTD

Post by JustinTD »

I dont think its too likely I do. I dont run scripts, I write my own (all-be-it small ones for managing users/ircop commands etc...) and I am an Oper on irc.dcloneirc.net. Never had any problems there. I also visit efnet, i own gamerskeep, and visit 2 other servers and have never had a problem.

On top of that, I run trend Micro 2006 fully updated of course, and i do double checks with panda active scan. Never had any problems. maybe someoen on my netblock was a bad boy and got zapped ...

as far as IP's go, I have had this one for at least a month that i can recall... and i was able to connect about 3 weeks ago or so no problem. that was the last time i was on.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Judging by all that it sounds like the subnet has been banned. Unfortunatly most networks wont remove subnet bans for the very reason the implement them. But it is possible to get it removed if you manage to contact them.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Gline: *@*.ri.ri.cox.net by *
Set 1w 5d 5h 42m 10s ago, never expires
Reason: Pain in the ass botnet master

Looks like we had a problem with a user from that ISP with a dynamic IP. So in other words, it just means you can't sign on to chat or get live support. You are still free to ask questions here.
JustinTD

Post by JustinTD »

LOL, figures:P IS tehre a way time to run a command and time sync all your servers at once?
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Unreal 3.2.5 will synch its internal clock to time servers on boot if set up to (I think it does by default, not sure though)
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

I can confirm by default it does sync its clock. As this is logged in the log file for a server i run which does not have anything regarding the time synchronization actually in the config file.