DLDtk IRC

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

Killerfurbies

DLDtk IRC

Post by Killerfurbies »

Hi, I hope this isn't considered spamming, because I'm not trying to. I just wanted to tell you all about a network I own a server at (we're kind of in need of users), and it's called DLDtk (irc.dldtk-irc.net). For anyone that wants to come and chat, feel free to speak your mind, since we aren't prejudice/discriminatory in any way (we're just all-around cool :P). Anyways, the people people there are funny and spontaneous (especially the staff :D) and we'd enjoy your company.

So, come on in, we bake cookies :D.

If any of you think what i'm doing is wrong, or "noobish", feel free to delete this topic, and please don't focus your anger on DLDtk as a whole, just me as an individual :P.

Did i mention we use UnrealIRCd? :D
JanisB

Post by JanisB »

Plzplzplz, tell me, what is difference, if i need place for _just_chatting_ with pplz from my UT-clan/university/office, and i need to decide between YourNetwork/QuakeNet/GameSurge/PurpleSurge ?
Killerfurbies

Post by Killerfurbies »

The difference is that our IRCops and other users get to know nearly every user on the network (we can pretty much recite every user's first name at the top of our heads), and we don't get spammers or basically anyone annoying, since we're such a small network. It's peaceful there and you won't get random annoying people in your channel :P .
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Most of the points there dont apply to the big networks because the big networks are well known. For example spammers, the more well known your network becomes the more you will get. YOu IRC ops knowing everyones name off the top of their head, when you get nearly a thousand visitors do you really expect them each to remember a thousand names?
Killerfurbies

Post by Killerfurbies »

I understand what you're saying, Jobe, but that's why i'm saying a smaller network like dldtk is better. You don't get as much spammers, and the IRCops take time to get to know you.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

The point i was trying to make is if your network is as good as you say it is it will grow and no longer just eb a small network without spammers.
Killerfurbies

Post by Killerfurbies »

I guess you're right, but that won't happen for a while. We only have a user base of about 20 people... :(
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Thats better then most small networks have.