How to Start ircd?

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

DJ Danni

How to Start ircd?

Post by DJ Danni »

Hello i am woondering how can i start ircd and how shut i config the ircd for my Linux Server if i am going to have a IRC Server for my Radio? Can somone help me with Step By Step here or add me to MSN Messenger as [email removed] ?
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

I really don't think you should be running an ircd if you don't know how to start it up.
Alex

Re: How to Start ircd?

Post by Alex »

DJ Danni wrote:Hello i am woondering how can i start ircd and how shut i config the ircd for my Linux Server if i am going to have a IRC Server for my Radio? Can somone help me with Step By Step here or add me to MSN Messenger as [email protected] ?
What you need to do is to read the documentation at http://www.vulnscan.org/UnrealIRCd/unreal32docs.html and http://www.vulnscan.org/UnrealIRCd/faq/ On these two places you'll find all the necessary information you need.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Ron2K wrote:I really don't think you should be running an ircd if you don't know how to start it up.
I have to say i agree with that.
DJ Danni

Post by DJ Danni »

I know but i am a bigenner in Linux and i have newer setup a IRC Server thats wuy i need a help wit Step by Step on MSN.
JanisB

Post by JanisB »

Ucan get real-time help on irc.unrealircd.com IRC server. But, IMO, you will have problems with +v-quiz...
zerofool2005

Post by zerofool2005 »

cd to the dir containing Unreal e.d Unreal3.2

then do ./Unreal start

and that will start it
tdw

Post by tdw »

that will give a 'file not found', since the Unreal start script isn't starting with a capital

Code: Select all

./unreal start
will work better i guess.