IP advice please.

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

Nograd

IP advice please.

Post by Nograd »

Hi,

We have a particular problem with a Turkish ISP. This ISP has multiple small blocks of IP addresses. This is making for hard work shunning each small block as a problem arises. Is there any way to trace all the IP address ranges in use from them that anyone knows of please?
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Short of getting in touch with the ISP directly the only other way I can think of involves getting in touch with the registra that handles IP address allocation for whichever region the ISP falls in. Which I personally dont know how to do or even if it's possible.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/

Lookup country Turkey, then ISP ttnet.net.tr

That website will give you a listing af all the IP ranges for that ISP that were used for spamming. This is a good number of the IPs from Turkey, as well as the ones used to attack IRC
seraphim

Post by seraphim »

thx from me too stealth, the network where i´m on gots problems too with turkey flooders :) (its a botnet which floods ouer servers till they are down...)
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

seraphim wrote:thx from me too stealth, the network where i´m on gots problems too with turkey flooders :) (its a botnet which floods ouer servers till they are down...)
For that I would suggest using zlines, so there is less data being sent to the botnets. It is likely the data being sent between the bots and the server is causing bandwidth issues making your servers unreachable.

For extreme cases (like when zlines don't work), you might want to have your host add those to the system firewall