Last 100 Messages

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

GreggBuck

Last 100 Messages

Post by GreggBuck »

I am using Miranada IM with unreal irc. How do I program unreal so that the IM users see the last 100 previous messages when they log in? Thanks.
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Last 100 Messages

Post by Stealth »

This cannot be done, and I do not believe it can be done with a module either.
GreggBuck

Post by GreggBuck »

Thanks for the quick response.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Actually it can be done with a module, it would require the module to log conversations, which is illegal in many areas. Save said conversations to a text file then "play" the file back to the user when they receive umode +r (log into NickServ).

While the logging of private conversations can be done with adding 1 single line to the source code, it's viewed by the masses as intrusive and as mentioned, out right illegal in many areas.

It's best for the irc client to do this, and some already do. I'd like to point you there.
GreggBuck

Post by GreggBuck »

We are using the unreal irc and IM for company use only with the appropriate disclaimer. The messages are not private unless they initiate a private session using the client. Does this make the business case to justify the code change? The purpose of the reqirement is for an on coming shift worker to see events from the previous shift.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

It'd be easier to just have a bot log the chat to a public server. Then the next shift can just open it and read as much as he/she wants. You can even make the bot so it only logs a certain time frame or a certain amount of logs. Taking this 1 step further, you can code your client to automatically retrieve and load that log.