Help please

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

malphas

Help please

Post by malphas »

Hey can someone help with this im looking for a way to beable to start my eggdrops without logging into my shell i need to be able to type something like /bot restart in mirc that will then access the eggdrop on my shells then do ./eggdrop eggdrop.conf the bot will then start and join my server

many thanks
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Help please

Post by Stealth »

If your eggdrop is already running, you can log into it through DCC. Just type /DCC CHAT <botname> or /ctcp <botname> CHAT

malphas

Post by malphas »

Yes I know this. Is what im looking for is say an operserv command that can be typed on irc ( /botnick start ) this command will then execute /eggdrop eggdrop.conf on my shells will sort of work like the /os reload or /os restart commands this will save me having to log into shells to restart my eggy`s if they ping also will allow other opers to bring the bot back without them needing shells passwords
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

You would need to make either an Unreal module or another bot used to launch your eggdrop. In order to have /botnick you need to have something to take that command and perform the command you give it.
malphas

Re: Help please[solved]

Post by malphas »

Just used the botchk restarts my bot if its not running