Looking for a server/network to IRCop on

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

Hurricane

Looking for a server/network to IRCop on

Post by Hurricane »

Hello,
I have about 3 years experience as an IRC operator, the previous network I was an oper on just got shutdown. I am now looking for a new network to join (No matter how small it is). If anyone has a network and will allow me to join it, or can refer me to another network that will accept me, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hurricane
katsklaw

Re: Looking for a server/network to IRCop on

Post by katsklaw »

Hurricane wrote:Hello,
I have about 3 years experience as an IRC operator, the previous network I was an oper on just got shutdown. I am now looking for a new network to join (No matter how small it is). If anyone has a network and will allow me to join it, or can refer me to another network that will accept me, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hurricane
My best advice for you would be to visit an IRC indexer site such as netsplit or SearchIRC and visit their network list and start looking for a network that you could be happy on .. *then* apply for oper status (if they allow). It's far more important for you to be a happy user before trying to oper. This is slower and doesn't offer instant gratification, but will make you and your network happier in the long run.

If for some reason you don't do this because you don't want to take the time to search and find the right network for you, then you won't be happy and neither will any network you oper on.

As a 14 year NetAdmin veteran, I can tell you I don't "hire" flybys nor those that beg for ops on any forums. This is because you have absolutely nothing invested in the network and flyby's never work.

Good Luck with your search.
gtoxic

Re: Looking for a server/network to IRCop on

Post by gtoxic »

I'm taking on IRC ops on frozenmafia.ath.cx. Right now though, I'm looking for a server link if anyone can offer one?

PS: just PM me the user/pass/encryption(if any) you want.