Help me With running the server

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

Nilkanth

Help me With running the server

Post by Nilkanth »

Hello there I need help I want Someone to run my server I wil pay the person or I need help from you who know everything about unrealircd Thank you. :wink:
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Help me With running the server

Post by Stealth »

We won't be able to set up your server yourself, and accepting a random offer from someone willing to do it for you (either paid or free) opens yourself up to both security and financial risks. NEVER accept offers from anyone offering to set up or run UnrealIRCd for you.

As for running your own server, you can either get a host and learn how to do it yourself, or you can use a pre-existing network. If you choose a small network, it is possible they will be able to modify their services for your needs. Running an IRC server is not something just anyone can do, and will take time to set up and maintain.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

I'll configure it for $50. ;P however, i will not run it and i wont give you net admin or even server admin status because admins are supposed to know what they are doing.
Nilkanth

Post by Nilkanth »

:O Then how wil the server run ?? Any other Person Who can help me with the conf file I wil pay $100
cards

Post by cards »

It honestly is not that hard to setup Unreal. If you follow the config line by line, with help from the documentation, I can gaurantee you could set it up yourself. Everyone has to learn somehow, and that's what this community is for. This is not a "DO IT FOR ME" forum. It is a "I can't figure it out, can you explain it to me" forum.

Besides, Why would you pay someone to setup free software, when there are at least 20 websites out there that show you how to set it up step by step.

Cards
NetAdmin
irc.420-HighTimes.com
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Nilkanth wrote::O Then how wil the server run ?? Any other Person Who can help me with the conf file I wil pay $100
Save your money. Click the "configuration" like in my signature and start reading!
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Why so desperate?

There are LOTS of networks that you can put your own channel on if you just need a server to bring your users to. For example, we won't mind if you bring people to irc.unrealircd.com or any other small network floating around out there.

There are HUNDREDS of networks that you can use. If you don't want to manage and run your own server, use someone else's. It's that simple.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

A note to anyone considering taking the money: If this server is used for illegal activity (botnets, copyrighted file sharing, terrorism, etc), being paid to set it up and/or run it makes you an accessory to a criminal act and you may be charged the same as the person carrying out such criminal activities. (also note that I am not a lawyer and cannot offer legal advice, but I can share the experiences of my peers in the technical field. things may be different in other countries as well)
broken850

Post by broken850 »

we won't mind if you bring people to irc.unrealircd.com or any other small network floating around out there.
Eren24

Post by Eren24 »

Just find any person that you know maybe your neighbors know how to run your server. This will make sure that you know the person and he/she knows you too. Its too confusing that you are allowing some people you barely know to run your server.
A nerdy type of person who loves going out with friends, loves to study and improve my skills by attending training, seminars and school. Because for me every course certificate is a good way to show you’re knowledgeable on what you teach.
floffy

Post by floffy »

To any need a Server , i can install , Config and Running, including the Services apps, For free
rcschaff

Post by rcschaff »

You guys do realize that this Thread is 4 years old right?
floffy

Post by floffy »

Nilkanth wrote:Hello there I need help I want Someone to run my server I wil pay the person or I need help from you who know everything about unrealircd Thank you. :wink:

i can do it for free

contact me !
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

I think the comments from Stealth and Eren24 are good ones. You should really stop and who you trust before you let them install your server.
So: Sure, ask other people's help with your configuration file, problems you run into, documentation you're looking for, etc. But don't give them shell access on your server. They could do anything, install backdoors, etc.

I'm locking this topic as it's rather old and it's becoming repetitive.