Nobody can connect to my server.

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

NoahF

Nobody can connect to my server.

Post by NoahF »

Hello

Nobody can connect to my server using this address that I have in the link block: irc.sksamp.com

I'm the only one who can connect using the address and 127.0.0.1.

I have port forwarded and my firewall is off.

Please help
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Nobody can connect to my server.

Post by Stealth »

Because sksamp.com is not a valid domain (you don't own it), and as a result of that there's no DNS for computers to connect to irc.sksamp.com
NoahF

Post by NoahF »

OK, now how can I set it up with this? I have set it up before, but I can't remember how. http://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

DNS set-up is not within the scope of setting up Unreal IRCd it's self. Moving this to off-topic.

Please understand that the Unreal Support Team assumes you know how DNS, firewallls works as well how to basically operate your OS as support for those are not given. We simply don't have the resources to support step-by-step everything that must be done to properly set-up a secure IRC network. As an Admin, you are expected to know how this stuff works. Because as an admin, you should already possess the skills needed to set-up a server. We are here to guide you and troubleshoot Unreal IRCd it's self. Thanks.

PS: Google is your friend! There is also a search feature on these forums that lead to information posted by others that had the issues with non-unrealircd specific applications.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

NoahF wrote:OK, now how can I set it up with this? I have set it up before, but I can't remember how. http://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/
Now that we are in the correct forum, might I suggest you click the link you provided and read the FAQ :)