HOPM Bot Not Scanning

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

Mike555

HOPM Bot Not Scanning

Post by Mike555 »

Hello Friends;
I'm a newbie, I just installed UnrealIRCD 5.0.8 , Anope 2.0.9 and HOPM 1.1.9.

HOPM is connected and running, but just sitting in user list, not scanning at all, its like HOPM Bot is not active.

Do I Need to perform some commands to make it active and make it start scanning . I've tested many times by logging from different IPs but it does not scan.
Please guide and help.

Thanks
CrazyCat

Re: HOPM Bot Not Scanning

Post by CrazyCat »

You don't really need HOPM, better use Unreal blacklist system or Anope m_dnsbl module.
Mike555

Post by Mike555 »

CrazyCat;
Thank you so much for your response. Thank you for the info okay I'll try as you advised.
I get help to resolve one issue and yet there is an other issue.
Now I can't register my channel. I oper up my self and get the oper status, and try to register the channel: /msg chanserv register #example Password.
And I get this, You must be operator to register the channel, I am the operator.
Please help if you can.
Thanks
Lord255

Post by Lord255 »

Mike, you need to be an operator (op; marked as @) to register a channel.
i saw your question in an other topic, where you said it is a wrong idea that a user joins to an unregistered channel and gets op..
i think you are mixing the channel op and the operator status.

so.. no matter what you wanna do, you need to have op (@) in the channel which you want to register.
two options: either you join the chan and the ircd will grant you the op, cuz' you are the first one entering there, or.. you just give yourself op, because you are an oper.
(in case you cannot op yourself, check out the ways how you can do it.https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/User_%26_Oper_commands)

good luck.