remote include problem

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
DeMiNe0

remote include problem

Post by DeMiNe0 »

[03:54:45] -digtox.us.digitaltoxicity.net- *** Notice -- DeMiNe0 is rehashing server config file
—I-n-v-i-s-i-o-n— unrealircd.conf Rehashing
[03:54:46] -digtox.us.digitaltoxicity.net- *** Notice -- Loading IRCd configuration ..
[03:54:46] -digtox.us.digitaltoxicity.net- *** Notice -- error: Could not load config file tmp/8B33CF01.allow.conf
[03:54:46] -digtox.us.digitaltoxicity.net- *** Notice -- error: IRCd configuration failed to load

When i rehash. it downloads the allow.conf and puts it in the temp dir. It makes it permissions 600 though so the ircd cant load it. If i chmod it to 644 and rehash again, it just downloads allow.conf again and trys to read that one.

Any ideas?

i have libcurl 7.11.0 installed.
DeMiNe0

Post by DeMiNe0 »

after investigating more, it seems to have a problem including certin files. If a dev has the chance, PM me in the support channel, since none of this makes sence as to why it wouldnt include.
Last edited by DeMiNe0 on Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Well, it doesn't download it again, it copies the old file to a new filename (a limitation of how the system works). If for whatever reason you need chmod 644 rather than 600 (I don't know why you do) you should have specified that in ./Config when it asked you what you wanted the default permissions for files to be. You left it as 600, so it uses 600.
I tryed changing it in the config allready.It still leaves the file at 600. and from what i relized, the ircd should be able to load a 600 file. Im out of ideas.
-- codemastr
DeMiNe0

Post by DeMiNe0 »

I looked into it more. It really should be able to open chmod600 files. Basicly when i rehash or start the ircd the IRCD downloads the remote conf file. It downloads it to the tmp directory and adds a random prefix to it(so allow.conf would be downloaded to tmp/5SD7DA232J.allow.conf). It then trys to read or load it, and cant. it gives the error saying that it connect read 5SD7DA232J.allow.conf. The permissions on the file are 600 when i check it. Then if i were to rehash/restart it would just redownload the file with another prefix and do the same thing again.
Would you mind taking a look at it when you have the chance? Im idling in both unreal channels.

Btw.. I made a development shell/ip for the anope and gameserv team to use. If you would like to use it also to develope on freebsd, and see if unreal works with the later anope versions, your welcome to use it. PM me for the login info.
DeMiNe0

Post by DeMiNe0 »

its fixed now, after codemastr took a look at it, he saw that the included files on the web server we're blank(place holders). For the IRCD to be able to include them, they have to not be 0 bytes.